Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 44 Scott 38

Featured Replies

For Cooper being in the state ranking they seem to have some issues tonight. Scott Defense is playing good and the last few games Scott has turned it up. I would say for being a down year for the Eagles for some unknown reason, the District tourney games next week will be very interesting to say the least. 

25 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

For Cooper being in the state ranking they seem to have some issues tonight. Scott Defense is playing good and the last few games Scott has turned it up. I would say for being a down year for the Eagles for some unknown reason, the District tourney games next week will be very interesting to say the least. 

Yeah, Cooper is not even a top twenty team in the state.  The Eagles/Mustangs match up should be a good one.

3 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Yeah, Cooper is not even a top twenty team in the state.  The Eagles/Mustangs match up should be a good one.

Top 10 in Defense thou

17 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Top 10 in Defense thou

Actually is their defense that great, or does their no rush offense make the defense look better than it really is?

23 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Actually is their defense that great, or does their no rush offense make the defense look better than it really is?

Not sure but at 21-5 Cooper must be doing something right. 

12 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Not sure but at 21-5 Cooper must be doing something right. 

Right! Someone must not be familiar with Coach Sullivan and the history of of Jaguar basketball!! ?

11 hours ago, Brcatz said:

Not sure but at 21-5 Cooper must be doing something right. 

I'm not knocking on Cooper, just trying to say they play to their talent level.  If you don't have a great scoring team you might want to slow your game down.  What would their record be if you plugged them into the schedule that CCH played?

11 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

Right! Someone must not be familiar with Coach Sullivan and the history of of Jaguar basketball!! ?

Yes, I'm very much aware of the Cooper program.

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

Yes, I'm very much aware of the Cooper program.

If you happened to be at the game you would have realized Scott played the slow down game just like Newport did over a week ago and not Cooper. In fact, they have tried to get out and run as much as possible. Regardless, the last I checked it takes 1 point to win a ball game and just because Cooper doesn’t score tons of points like others t doesn’t mean they would have any worse record because they will guard which coach Sully has built his program around. 
Why anyone would question this is beyond me but then again we’ve heard this for years. Cooper will just continue to do what they do which is play solid defense and be opportunistic on offense and let the chips fall where they may. 

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'm not knocking on Cooper, just trying to say they play to their talent level.  If you don't have a great scoring team you might want to slow your game down.  What would their record be if you plugged them into the schedule that CCH played?

If you’re not knocking the Cooper program you’d be familiar that the Jags have NEVER been a dominant scoring team and that includes the 2017 State Runner-up team. You will find them playing dominant defense Year in and Year out. 
Not really sure what the point is. Coach Sully is going to get the most out of his team on the defensive end of the floor regardless of who’s in the schedule. 
 

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

If you happened to be at the game you would have realized Scott played the slow down game just like Newport did over a week ago and not Cooper. In fact, they have tried to get out and run as much as possible. Regardless, the last I checked it takes 1 point to win a ball game and just because Cooper doesn’t score tons of points like others t doesn’t mean they would have any worse record because they will guard which coach Sully has built his program around. 
Why anyone would question this is beyond me but then again we’ve heard this for years. Cooper will just continue to do what they do which is play solid defense and be opportunistic on offense and let the chips fall where they may. 

I chose not to attend this game, actually thought it would be a beat down by Cooper.  Sullivan coaches the same way Henley did at Holmes, yes I know Sullivan was there at the time.  Henley has somewhat changed his coaching style at Eastern.

 

I am a fan of Sullivan and Cooper, was just stating my opinion in earlier posts and got ambushed.  Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

51 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

If you’re not knocking the Cooper program you’d be familiar that the Jags have NEVER been a dominant scoring team and that includes the 2017 State Runner-up team. You will find them playing dominant defense Year in and Year out. 
Not really sure what the point is. Coach Sully is going to get the most out of his team on the defensive end of the floor regardless of who’s in the schedule. 
 

I'm saying if Cooper played CCH's schedule they would not be 21 and 5.  I have no problem with slowing the game down, remember Ed Jucker.

Also, I'm against the time clock.

I'll be rooting for Cooper in the District tournament.

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I chose not to attend this game, actually thought it would be a beat down by Cooper.  Sullivan coaches the same way Henley did at Holmes, yes I know Sullivan was there at the time.  Henley has somewhat changed his coaching style at Eastern.

 

I am a fan of Sullivan and Cooper, was just stating my opinion in earlier posts and got ambushed.  Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

All good and no feathers ruffled. Having 2 sons that played for the Jags I know the program a little. Anything can happen come tourney time. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sixer said:

All good and no feathers ruffled. Having 2 sons that played for the Jags I know the program a little. Anything can happen come tourney time. 

Did either get to play on the 2017 team?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.