NFL Ain't Soft?

I don't know if soft is the right word.   Just hyper sensitive.   At full speed, it looked like contact may have been made, just a little.   That's what it's based on.  The look of contact and leading with the crown will get the flag.    I remember a few years ago in the AFC championship when the Pats were given 15 and a first because KC hit Tom Brady in the shoulder.   But at live speed, it was easily mistaken for the side of the head.    

We like to sit here and complain, a lot, but we don't have to make those judgement calls.

5 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I don't know if soft is the right word.   Just hyper sensitive.   At full speed, it looked like contact may have been made, just a little.   That's what it's based on.  The look of contact and leading with the crown will get the flag.    I remember a few years ago in the AFC championship when the Pats were given 15 and a first because KC hit Tom Brady in the shoulder.   But at live speed, it was easily mistaken for the side of the head.    

We like to sit here and complain, a lot, but we don't have to make those judgement calls.

I agree.  I think the NFL has to take advantage of technology and try to marry the tech with the officials on the field to give us a consistent product.  

• Like 1