Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th region 06-07

Featured Replies

It seems to me the 16th region is alot better this year than in the past 5 years.What do you think?

It seems to me the 16th region is alot better this year than in the past 5 years.What do you think?

 

I said the samething in the Ashland vs. Madison Central thread. The 16th has competed very well against the state has to offer.

  • Author
I said the samething in the Ashland vs. Madison Central thread. The 16th has competed very well against the state has to offer.

 

I agree the 16th region has had a bad name when it comes to playing outside the region,I think its about to change.:ylsuper:

With a lot of teams going and playing in bigger tournaments and inviting bettter competition into their own tournaments the 16th Region is making a name for itself this year. And it's not the pushover name it has been in the past. Russell taking #5 Mason County into overtime and barely losing, Ashland taking #13 Madison Central to the wire, Rose Hill going out and taking on anyone and everyone they can.

I agree the 16th region has had a bad name when it comes to playing outside the region,I think its about to change.:ylsuper:

I hope that you are right. Depending on the draw in the sweet 16 though I am afraid that it still may be one and done. I hope not, would love to see the 16th do something in Rupp.

With a lot of teams going and playing in bigger tournaments and inviting bettter competition into their own tournaments the 16th Region is making a name for itself this year. And it's not the pushover name it has been in the past. Russell taking #5 Mason County into overtime and barely losing, Ashland taking #13 Madison Central to the wire, Rose Hill going out and taking on anyone and everyone they can.

:thumb: Playing better competiton makes you nothing but better.

:thumb: Playing better competiton makes you nothing but better.
Or, completely disheartened, discouraged and dispirited... :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

I think a good balance of strong, even and slightly weaker competition teaches a team how to handle success, failure and make improvements. :thumb:

 

I do agree in general terms that it can be a very good thing to play stronger competition.

I can think of many teams from the 16th from the past five years that would walk through this region hands down that were merely compitive in the time they played in. IMO the whole state is as weak as it ever has.

  • Author
I can think of many teams from the 16th from the past five years that would walk through this region hands down that were merely compitive in the time they played in. IMO the whole state is as weak as it ever has.

 

I dont know if thats so.there is alot of powerhouses this year in the state IMO.

Rose Hill and Russell are the teams to beat in the 16th.:fight:

I dont know if thats so.there is alot of powerhouses this year in the state IMO.

 

You're right but do you think some of these teams could play with the teams that were power houses from the past years? Same for the 16th?

Or, completely disheartened, discouraged and dispirited... :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

I think a good balance of strong, even and slightly weaker competition teaches a team how to handle success, failure and make improvements. :thumb:

 

I do agree in general terms that it can be a very good thing to play stronger competition.

:thumb: I agree, you can't "load" the schedule with better teams (or bad ones). That will drag your team down or not test tham at all with the latter. A good mix is the best way to go.

  • Author
You're right but do you think some of these teams could play with the teams that were power houses from the past years? Same for the 16th?

 

I see what your saying and you are probley right.the 80s and early 90s would beat most teams from the state.

I see what your saying and you are probley right.the 80s and early 90s would beat most teams from the state.

 

Not just in the 80's and 90's but also from 00-04. Theres alot of teams in those years who would dominate the region today and could possible get deep into the state tourny IMO because the state is so week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.