Covington Catholic vs. Orlando Christian Prep (FL) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Orlando Christian Prep (FL)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/29/2021 at 12:00 AM

Tonight the Colonels face off against the Orlando Christian Prep (FL) Warriors at 7:00pm in the second round of the Battle Of The Villages holiday tournament at The Villages High School in Florida.

OCP is a very solid team, currently ranked 41st nationally by MaxPreps. They have a 4-star power forward in 6'8" senior and Notre Dame commit Ven-Allen Luben, and a 3-star shooting guard in 6'4" senior and Ohio U commit AJ Brown. They also have a 4-star center in 6'9" Jayden Hastings, who's currently a junior and a talented guard in 6'0" sophomore Ameer Ramadan.

Listen to the free Colonel Athletic Network broadcast of this evening's game on Mixlr: mixlr.com/colonel-athletic-network

Or you can watch the game on the NFHS Network for a $10.99 monthly subscription (cancelable): nfhsnetwork.com/events/the-villages-the-villages-fl/gam401866025a

12 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

All those D1 guys so I picked OC but hope Cov Cath wins.

That's basically where I'm at on it too. I'd say Cov Cath has a chance - MaxPreps has OCP at #41 nationally, and Ballard is only two behind them at #43. I think Ballard is the obvious favorite over Cov Cath, but not an insurmountable obstacle.

• Like 2

Just did some checking on Ipsaro's scoring. He had 38 points in the opening round of the tournament yesterday, which puts him at 295 points thus far in his 11 games played (26.8 ppg). That puts him at 738 points scored at Cov Cath, and 1095 career points if you include his freshman year at New Richmond, OH.

Mitchell Rylee is on pace to join the Colonels' 1000 point club as well. He is currently at 877 points: 258 points at Beechwood and 619 at Cov Cath. Chandler Starks also has a decent shot at the 1000 point club with his current 621 points as a junior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1