BodyArmor Showcase at Henry County 12/11/21

Interesting day of four games at Henry County HS this Saturday, 12/11/21.

All four games will be broadcast in live, high definition video on the Pegasus Sports Network (www.pegasussportsky.com)

(all games can be viewed as archives on the site for one year afterwards, as well)

All records as of Tuesday, 12/7/21....

1 pm - South Oldham (1-1) vs. either Lexington Catholic (3-0) or Boyle County (1-0)

South Oldham, led by point guard Cole Davis (17.5 ppg, 52.2% FG), will challenge either Lexington Catholic, led by Reece Potter (22 ppg / 10.7 rebounds) or Boyle County in the Showcase opener.

2:30 pm - Oldham County (3-0) vs. Moore (0-3)   Defending 8th Region champ Oldham County is hot out of the gates, averaging 70.7 ppg with four players averaging in double digits, led by 6'10" senior center Hayden Burgess (18 ppg / 8.3 rebounds).    Moore is winless, but has played just one game; the other two losses were COVID forfeits.   The lone Mustang loss came to powerful 6th region foe Fern Creek.

4 pm - Henry County (2-1) vs. Louisville Holy Cross (2-1)    The host school defends their turf behind speedy guard Kevin Wix (20.7 ppg) and 6'6" big man Sam Royalty, averaging a double double at 14 ppg / 13.7 rebounds.   Henry is making teams pay at the line, hitting nearly 78% while taking nearly 25 free throws per game.    Holy Cross will be one of the top shooting teams in the Showcase; the Cougars are hitting 56% of their shots, including 44.7% of their threes.   Jacob Hand averages 20 ppg for the Cougars.

6 pm - North Oldham (2-1) vs. Western (3-0) - Two region powerhouses collide in the day's final game.   8th Region pre-season favorite North Oldham tangles with 6th region preseason favorite Western in what could be a tremendous matchup.   8th Region Player of the Year candidate Dallas Roberts (19 ppg) and center Ian Higdon (15.3 ppg / 9.7 rebounds) lead the Mustangs into battle against the Warriors, who counter with one of the Showcase's most explosive offenses, averaging about 80 ppg.    Western is hitting 53.5% of their shots and an amazing 48.2% of their threes.   Four Warriors average in double digits, led by Trent Hinkle (14.3 ppg, including 11 of 22 for 50% beyond the arc), Kaden Magwood (13.7 ppg), Julius Edmonds (13.3) ppg, and Jayden Miles (10.3 ppg).

Pegasus Sports will go on air at 12:30 pm with the pregame show before the South Oldham game

I'll post updates as I can.

CM

Could be two ranked teams in the Showcase, if LexCath winds up playing South.

LexCath is ranked #8 in the state; Western - who will play North Oldham - is ranked #17.

North Oldham is not ranked, but is preseason #1 in the 8th Region...

7 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

Could be two ranked teams in the Showcase, if LexCath winds up playing South.

LexCath is ranked #8 in the state; Western - who will play North Oldham - is ranked #17.

North Oldham is not ranked, but is preseason #1 in the 8th Region...

What decides who plays S. Oldham?

Starting to feel a little old, guys....

I turn 60 next month....I have been the Voice of Oldham County Colonel sports for 42 years now(!)   LOL!   One of this year's Colonels is the son of someone who played for OC in the 80s....this seems to be happening more and more....

I've been the Voice of the (South Oldham) Dragons since the school opened in 1989, so that's 32 years now (I still tend to think of South as a "young" school...NOT)

And I've also been the Voice of the North Oldham Mustangs since that school opened in 2003 (a little closer to being a "young" school, but not really, as they are close to finishing out their second decade of existence)

There is no truth to that horrible story about my first OCHS broadcast in 1979 and the use of peach baskets.   NONE W H A T S O E V E R.

But we did jump the ball up on held balls back then.....and there were no such things as three pointers yet.... 

Saturday will be fun.    Former 8th Region coach Todd Gilley joins me on the first two broadcasts (South vs. ? and Oldham vs. Moore) and former 8th Region referee Tom Hawkins joins me for the second two (Henry vs. Holy Cross and North Oldham vs. Western)

CM

All games broadcast live on Pegasus Sports.

www.pegasussportsky.com

First game coverage starts at 12:30 pm ET    

Free, live, high definition video

South vs. Boyle County      12:30 pm pregame show    

Oldham County vs. Moore   2:30 pm

Henry County vs. Louisville Holy Cross   about 4 pm

North Oldham vs. Western      about 6 pm