Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 70 Fairview 54

Featured Replies

Final Score

 

Boone finishes 3rd in the Raceland Derby Classic.

 

Overall goes to 8 wins and 1 loss.

 

Next week in the Williamstown Tourney.

Heard Boone shot poorly the whole tournament. Its good to see them come out 8-1 to start off the season.

I know Boone is solid, but have they really been tested at all this year? Or are they 8-1 because of a cake schedule?

I know Boone is solid, but have they really been tested at all this year? Or are they 8-1 because of a cake schedule?

 

 

I will say Boone is probably a good team, but they have had a cakewalk of a schedule.

Agree, also they should have beat Russell. They came out very flat, and its hard to come back 16 when the refs are againest you and Boone shooting poorly in that tournament.

I will say Boone is probably a good team, but they have had a cakewalk of a schedule.

 

That's what I was thinking. I'm interested in seeing how they do when they get to the meat of their schedule in nky, b/c IMO they are the #3 team right now behind only Holmes and Covcath.

Agree, also they should have beat Russell. They came out very flat, and its hard to come back 16 when the refs are againest you and Boone shooting poorly in that tournament.

 

 

I disagree with you.I saw all four games that Boone played and the only game they appeared to come out flat in was the first game against West Carter(25-25 at the half).I believe Russell was up by 20 plus in the third before exhibiting the so called "Russell Relax".The outcome of the game was never really in doubt after Russell jumped out 9-0.Boone does have a nice team and I'm sure they will fare well the rest of the year.

That's what I was thinking. I'm interested in seeing how they do when they get to the meat of their schedule in nky, b/c IMO they are the #3 team right now behind only Holmes and Covcath.

 

 

in the 9th correct. b/c there is no way they are third in nky in front of SK and Brossart.

in the 9th correct. b/c there is no way they are third in nky in front of SK and Brossart.

 

 

Right now, IMO: no one is in front of SK or Brossart.

Agree, also they should have beat Russell. They came out very flat, and its hard to come back 16 when the refs are againest you and Boone shooting poorly in that tournament.

 

Boone is not as good as Russel and their guards could not press them. The

game was not as close as the score indicated, as Boone was the benificiary of the Russell Relax, missed layups and missed Free throws in the 4th quarter, it had nothing to do with the refs. Mcfarland got in foul trouble because of Coaching. They let him Guard Van Hoose after two fouls in the first half, and left him guarding him to pick up his third in the first half.

These were the same refs that called 3 charges on Robinson for Russell and fouled him out with about 4 minutes to go, I thought the refs liked Boone County fine:rolleyes:

Right now, IMO: no one is in front of SK or Brossart.

 

I agree 100 percent.

Hey Armchair, 9-0 isn't flat? I agree on the West Carter game. 2 hours 30 minutes trip could have caused that. But anyways, the best Boone shot in this tournamant in a half might have been 42%. I think pressing Russell was a coaching mistake. Most of Russell's points were off transition offense. If the coach allowed his players to get back and play half court defense, this game could have been different.

 

I thought that McFarland should have been pulled after he got his 2nd foul in the 1st half. Picking up his 3rd allowed really no playmaking for Boone since McFarland makes most of that with the help of starting point guard Ben Ryan who was out for that tournament with an injury. Once he was able to play in the 4th, I believe thats when they started to get there shots and come back in this ball game.

in the 9th correct. b/c there is no way they are third in nky in front of SK and Brossart.

 

I'm talking 9th region. Brossart and SK might be the best in NKY right now but to be honest if Holmes were at full strength (with Jefferson) against Sk, they wouldn't have beaten them. The same Holmes team beat the same SK team last year by 18...Sk hasn't improved 22 points from last year and the win against Holmes came AT SK in OVERTIME.

I'm talking 9th region. Brossart and SK might be the best in NKY right now but to be honest if Holmes were at full strength (with Jefferson) against Sk, they wouldn't have beaten them. The same Holmes team beat the same SK team last year by 18...Sk hasn't improved 22 points from last year and the win against Holmes came AT SK in OVERTIME.

Last years game was at Holmes right?? Mike Hester had a terrible game that night, and from what I am hearing Josh Hurd has improved...who's to say that Holmes would be that much improved with Jefferson???Last year they were team turmoil... Rice left the team and Edmonson transferred..so actually Holmes is missing two players Jefferson and Edmonson.... but my point is this they still lost to Dixie last year when it mattered:thumb:

Hey Armchair, 9-0 isn't flat? I agree on the West Carter game. 2 hours 30 minutes trip could have caused that. But anyways, the best Boone shot in this tournamant in a half might have been 42%. I think pressing Russell was a coaching mistake. Most of Russell's points were off transition offense. If the coach allowed his players to get back and play half court defense, this game could have been different.

 

I thought that McFarland should have been pulled after he got his 2nd foul in the 1st half. Picking up his 3rd allowed really no playmaking for Boone since McFarland makes most of that with the help of starting point guard Ben Ryan who was out for that tournament with an injury. Once he was able to play in the 4th, I believe thats when they started to get there shots and come back in this ball game.

 

While I agree with most of what you say I must disagree with your first sentence.Russell was the reason Boone fell behind 9-0.It wasn't because Boone wasn't "up" for the game. Just because you are down 9-0 doesn't mean you are flat.Boone was 7-0 and they were going against a 7-0 Russell team that is the number one team in the region.They were ready they just had trouble adjusting to what Russell was doing.

Let me ask you this-Who would you take in a rematch?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.