Bluegrass State Games 7/23-25

15 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

This would have been a great opportunity for a school with a new Head Coach, new assistant coaches, a lot of new faces on the team to see what they have before a season gets started. 

I wonder if there are any teams that fit that description.

Didn’t Highlands decide several years ago to stop going to Bluegrass Games and just having two scrimmages against solid opponents?

4 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Didn’t Highlands decide several years ago to stop going to Bluegrass Games and just having two scrimmages against solid opponents?

You could be correct, they do have Seton on the schedule for a JV/V scrimmage doubleheader and then the Varsity does play Ryle in Soccerama.  So yes, they do have those on the horizon to see what they have.

I’m not that upset about the BG games not going, just think that it would have been a fun atmosphere for these girls to go down and have several games on a weekend to sort out positioning and rotations (team bonding) you will need to know going into a season that maybe a scrimmage here and there might not do for you.  There were no cuts this season so he is keeping a lot of girls in the program and being new that’s a LOT to handle in my opinion.

#GOBIRDS!

4 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

This would have been a great opportunity for a school with a new Head Coach, new assistant coaches, a lot of new faces on the team to see what they have before a season gets started. 

I wonder if there are any teams that fit that description.

Highlands, St. Henry and Conner come to mind.  I think they all had coaching changes for this coming season.