Rockcastle County 61 Somerset 57 (47th District Tournament)

• theguru changed the title to Rockcastle County 61 Somerset 57 (47th District Tournament)
On 3/13/2021 at 11:17 PM, LethalPG said:

Yes Rock has been ravaged by Covid Issues all year.  Congratulations to Coach Cash and the Rockets. 

Two lengthy shut downs and another couple missed games, but there was some evidence that Rockcastle was pretty good based on wins over Knox Central and East Jessamine.

Somerset, on the flip side, seemed to really struggle down the stretch. Five losses in seven games (albeit all against quality opponents). A disappointing end for a really strong, productive class of Somerset seniors.

23 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Can Rock make some noise or was this just a true upset? 

Capable. There are about eight teams in the 12th Region who have the ability to beat each other. I'm not convinced there is an obvious favorite and you can make valid arguments for how almost all of them could win the region. I don't know if Rockcastle can win it but they're a bad draw for someone in the first round.

26 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Can Rock make some noise or was this just a true upset? 

If Daniel Mullins is on that night, I believe they can make some noise.  They will play hard, but he's usually the catalyst making jump shots.