Cooper 58 Grant County 47 (3OT)

After taking a rough bruising last night by the hands of the the Beechwood Tigers, the Jaguars of Cooper find a more suitable opponent in the visiting 8th Region Grant County Braves, and bounced back with a win in this Triple Overtime exciting low scoring affair. 

After a Cooper 19-15 halftime lead, the Braves within seconds of the 3rd quarter tied the game at 19, and then it was nip and tuck from that point forward tied at 36 at the end of regulation. Both teams only scored two points apiece in the first overtime with it ending tied at 38. The 2nd overtime saw both teams scoring 4 points apiece ending tied at 42. 

The wheels fell of in the 3rd OT for the Braves, and the Jags broke the stagnation winning 58-47. 

In a night where we saw The CovCath/Walton Verona game postponed until tomorrow it looked to be a nothing burger of a night until this titanic struggle. 

Congratulations to the Jags for pulling out the win in this one, and many blessings to the Grant County Braves for making it home safely on this snowy night.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both teams battle on D and couldn’t score on Offense.  Grant is very young starting 2 juniors, 3 sophomores, a freshman being first guard off bench and all other subs about the same.  The young team is growing each day.  Lots of potential down the road. Very physical game.  Jags were just a little more stronger than Braves but not anymore skilled. Lots of hustle out of both teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PP1 said:

How are you getting in to all these games? I had a hard time talking my way past the gatekeepers in Campbell County and I was the coach of the next game.

Haha...As much as I'd like to, I haven't been to a game in person all season. I've just been catching all of these games online.

I wish that I could say that I was that special, and in the "inner circle", but no, I'm just an armchair warrior sitting in the comforts of my home seeking out games online night after night.

Because of COVID more and more teams are broadcasting online then ever before, which is actually giving me the chance to see more games than ever before. It's crazy but when you're given lemons, you make lemonade. 

Lots of teams are now on Youtube,  and the teams in the 33rd district can be found at (team1prep)  https://team1prep.com/ky/  

CovCath charges to watch video of their home games, but you can still listen at their high school website for free

Holy Cross does audio broadcasting that can be found at their school's website. 

Brossart does audio broadcasting that can be found at their school's website. 

NewCath, Highlands, St. Henry, Beechwood, Dixie, Holmes, Ludlow, Bellevue, & Walton Verona all have Youtube channels. 

Beechwood also does audio broadcasting on mixler, the same product that CovCath uses for their audio broadcasts. 

859sportsradio.com is Mark Wehry's new gig where he picks and chooses what games he thinks are hot games of the week to broadcast, boys and girls. He also has some fantastic interviews in his archives on the site of great local sports legends such as Kenney Shields, Scott Draud, Doug Schloemer, Andy Furman, Dale Mueller, Nell Fookes, and John Wimzie, and more in the future for sure. 

Then the Prepspin channel on Youtube has Lexington area home games, and especially Lexington Catholic home games. 

That's about all that I can remember at this time, but I keep in touch here for any nuggets folks might have, I check the Northern Kentucky High School Sports page on Facebook. I check out the 859Insider on Twitter. I check out different high school twitter pages for game info, updates, perhaps links to broadcasts. 

If there are other interesting games around the state being played on a given night that seem interesting I'll dig until I can find if it's being broadcast anywhere. Lots of schools around the state are also using Youtube such as Ashland.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allsport71 said:

You do a very good job of reporting, considering your not actually there, I believe 859 sports will be back at Holmes Friday covering the Cooper/Holmes game, keep up the good work.

Thanks brother, I appreciate the positive feedback. 👍