Top 5 12th Region Teams

Who ya got for the top 5 this year?

West Won last year so its belongs to them until someone takes it. 

1 W Jess

2 Somerset

3 Pulaski 

4 Lincoln 

5 Danville

These other teams are capable. Going to be fun to see how the season goes. 

E Jess

Southwestern

Boyle 

Wayne

Mercer

Garrard

Rockcastle 

McQueary Central

Casey

Burgin 

DCA

KSD

Region 12 teams per KHSAA

District 45 – Boyle County, Danville, Danville Christian, Garrard County, Kentucky School f/t Deaf, Lincoln County
District 46 – Burgin, East Jessamine, Mercer County, West Jessamine
District 47 – Casey County, Pulaski County, Rockcastle County, Somerset
District 48 – McCreary Central, Southwestern, Wayne County

A lot of parity as usual.  I.E. West Jessmaine was mainly a .500 team last year, and got hot at the right time with the region’s most dynamic player in Stepp.  Depth could be an issue for WJ.  I think Boyle adding a dynamic player in Jagger Gillis with their returning talent is huge.  Luke Imfeld will have a huge year for Boyle Co.  Also, Danville losing Aiden Sloan to GRC is huge.  Somerset will be good and talented again, but have to prove they can get it done in the regional tournament.  Lincoln Co. Is always steady, and host the region but will look different this year without their 6”9 rim protector in the middle.

1. West Jessmaine

2. Boyle County 

3. Somerset

4. Pulaski County

5. Lincoln County

• Like 1

I think Boyle might be the best team in the 45th District this season. They return their top three scorers from last year (Imfield, Sheperson, and Barnes) and some quality young guys. Plus they are very well coached.

Lincoln will be very good with Smith, Mattingly, and Alcorn. However, they will miss Frye and Bodner more than many people expect.

I’m not sure what to expect from Danville. Losing Bell (the heart and soul) to graduation and Slone to transfer will be tough to replace. Still have a mega scorer in Hayden and lots of talent.

Finally, Garrard has lots of depth but not much proven scoring. If Cornett can become a 14ppg guy and they can find regular offense from their collection of guards they should be competitive. Just a lot of questions right now going into the season sight unseen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

St. X plays Boyle County on 1/16 so I’m looking forward to seeing them play.

X is also playing Lincoln a couple days before at Mercer County. The Tigers should be able to give a solid early season 45th district rundown!

• Like 1

• I agree a lot of potential in these teams. Stepp is really explosive but graduation has to hurt them some. Boyle, Danville and DCA has a few transfers that could prove to be pleasant surprises later in the season once they learn how to play with new teammates. Going to be some interesting basketball early on with the Covid layoffs and missed pre-season. Cant wait.