St. Xavier 59 Butler 14

10 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

Who played more at QB early -  not mop up -  Pooler or Sivori?    From an admittedly uninformed perspective,  I think Sivori is X's better option.

Pooler started and played most of 1st half. Sivori is better runner so they brought him in some to change things up. In 2nd half Sivori played most since back ups were in. I think going forward you will continue to see Sivori get reps. Sivori runs the read option well which can’t do that with Pooler. They also use Mekhi Smith in wildcat sometimes.

• Thanks 1

In order for us to beat good teams we can’t look at one receiver,  throw to one receiver and NEVER check down to other wide-open receivers; very frustrating.... Beating  a team that is down this year by this much really doesn’t accomplish anything. There were other receivers wide open and still threw into double coverage,  getting lucky pass interference calls.  I agree on Sivori, best option for our playoff run.  His athleticism in the game allows us to  actually run the ball!! And he finds open receivers. 

• Like 1