South Oldham at North Bullitt Predictions/Updates

Dragons vs. Eagles   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• South Oldham
    • North Bullitt

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2020 at 11:30 PM

With roughly 95% of it's offense back from last year, including 5A's leading returning rusher, North Bullitt looked to fully close the gap on South Oldham in District IV. Adding to that belief, was the fact that the Dragons graduated a loaded senior class, maybe the best in school history. 

Thus far, South Oldham has shown that the foundation their program is built on, is plenty strong enough to endure those departures. They're 3-0 on the season and ranked #7 in 5A. The Dragons churn out 333 rushing yards per game on an impressive 8.2 yards per carry as a team. The Eagles (3-1, ranked #9 in 5A) have nearly kept pace, averaging over 300 yards on the ground themselves, with an even more impressive 9.5 ypc. Cole Durbin leads the way with 641 yards and twelve touchdowns. He ran well in defeat to South Oldham on two occasions last year.

This is likely just a precursor to a district championship game in November, but this game should give us a strong indication of whether or not North Bullitt is ready to pose a real threat to South Oldham's District IV supremacy. 

4hllob.thumb.jpg.5d4804551243a90ca3429739d36ed264.jpg

Tough night for the Dragons. Didn't get to see it. Hopefully I can this week somehow.

And from above...

With roughly 95% of it's offense back from last year, including 5A's leading returning rusher, North Bullitt looked to fully close the gap on South Oldham in District IV. Adding to that belief, was the fact that the Dragons graduated a loaded senior class, maybe the best in school history. 

Man this is sad! Literally no one is saying this except a couple of the dads. Just takes away from the kids.

4 hours ago, FootballBobcat said:

Man this is sad! Literally no one is saying this except a couple of the dads. Just takes away from the kids.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging how great that class was and what a challenge it might be to replace it. Don't think of it as taking away from the kids that are there now, think of it as appreciation for their predecessors. 

Here's what I know: Martin, Benson, Bednarczyk, Pierce, Clark, Lalli, Devasier, Chester, etc. were a very experienced, productive group of players that played a lot of football together. And they're all gone.

Here's what I believe: It's not easy to replace a class like that. 

Here's something else I know - You can find the post game thread here:

19 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging how great that class was and what a challenge it might be to replace it. Don't think of it as taking away from the kids that are there now, think of it as appreciation for their predecessors. 

Here's what I know: Martin, Benson, Bednarczyk, Pierce, Clark, Lalli, Devasier, Chester, etc. were a very experienced, productive group of players that played a lot of football together. And they're all gone.

No one is saying they weren't a very good  class. I enjoyed watching them like every other class. It's the self promotion of the dads who like to go around saying and posting they are the best in school history or the class everyone in the community has been waiting for. None of that is said by anyone else. And it takes away from the kids in that class because of it, not the kids in this class. Let their accomplishments speak for themselves -- you don't need to keep promoting it. Send me a message if you want to discuss further. Nothing else on this site.