Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brossart 70 Harrison County 48

Featured Replies

That is a good question Mustang...really don't know the answer...maybe it is an indication that we don't spel so good down hear (hehehehe).

 

Really, it fits somehow into the school fight song and is just a corruption of the correct spelling that may occur in some other school mascots.

 

Not exactly similar, but why are girls teams generally given a gender description before their nickname? For example Lady Royals or Lady Hounds or Lady Mustangs or Wild Kittens.

 

Sorry I can't be of more help

 

Here's one I never could figure out - the Lady G-Men of Georgetown, Ohio.

Just curious - everytime I write it on the (BMustangs) website, I'm always chided by my friends that being a horse player I ought to know how to spell Thoroughbred.

 

Interesting that Kentucky State shares the Thorobred spelling.

 

I suspect that way back before things got so formal that both spellings were probably acceptable.

 

I know that the HCHS girls team goes by "Fillies" but the Newport Central Catholic girls insist on being called Thoroughbreds (not Lady Thoroughbreds or Lady Breds). Obviously local preference. Kinda surprised Mac doesn't have them called the "Lady Studs." ;)

 

I shortened our Lady Mustang moniker to simply Lady 'Stangs back when I was the girls head coach in 1986.

Cooper, Uebel, and Niemeyer post double figures - 16, 14, and 12

 

Nathan Mutsch returns to the Mustangs lineup - puts up 6

 

Ten Mustangs put ink in the scorebook.

 

Play of the Night - Brian Wolfer three point field-goal. :jump:

 

Mustangs jump out to 25-11 first quarter lead/shut out Breds 14-0 in 2nd period, take 39-11 lead to the locker room at halftime.

 

Harrison County played with some fire in the third quarter, outscored the Mustangs 18-13. Mustang JVs played the majority of the fourth quarter.

 

Harrison County put eight scorers in the scorebook, no one had double-figures.

 

Good to hear that Mutsch is alright and playing again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.