Miami 47 Louisville 34

swamprat

Neither defense was exceptional in this game.

Passing: Miami 325 Louisville 307

Rushing: Louisville 209 Miami 160

Total yardage: Louisville 516 Miami 485

First downs: Louisville 29 Miami 19

Trading FGs for TDs early, untimely turnovers, and 2 exceptionally long scoring plays on Miami's first to possessions of the 3rd quarter killed the Cards last night.

• Thanks 1

Cards offense really got going in the second half.  They have playmakers to beat good teams.  

Defense needs to watch a lot of film and tighten up.  I really want to see what Satterfield adjust before Pitt.  Will the Cards be able to catch them off guard, or are they simply another recruiting class, or two away?

6 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

About 200 of Miami yards came on the first two plays of the 3rd and another one later in the game.  Three long plays where the DBs were not executing assignments. 

Three "gimmee" touchdowns of over 50 yards each are hard to overcome. 

It looked like UK under Stoops the first few seasons, blown coverages.  But like Deuce said, is this lack of experience/coaching?  Do they need more practice, or more talent, or both?  UK eventually, patched it up.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

It looked like UK under Stoops the first few seasons, blown coverages.  But like Deuce said, is this lack of experience/coaching?  Do they need more practice, or more talent, or both?  UK eventually, patched it up.

I think they need both. More time with the DC and also more talent. Outside of Dorian Ethridge, I’m not sure anybody I’m on that side of the ball plays on Sundays. 

Now I will say some of the defensive calls were questionable, but maybe they are trying to hide the lack of talent/IQ by playing zone. That’s all well and good until you play a good QB. 

• Like 2