Tough start to the season for the Big 12

16thBBall Fan

3 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The Big 12 had a couple of embarrassing loses to start their seasons today. Kansas State lost at home to Arkansas State who was 0-1 coming into the game 35-31. Also #23 Iowa State loses at home to Louisianan- Lafayette 31-14. 

I was kind of surprised that the Big 12 is playing non-conference games against non Power 5 schools.  No real upside this year.  You can't make much money with limited attendance and you run the risk of embarrassing losses like this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cincydragons said:

I was kind of surprised that the Big 12 is playing non-conference games against non Power 5 schools.  No real upside this year.  You can't make much money with limited attendance and you run the risk of embarrassing losses like this.

That's exactly what I thought. There is Iowa State ranked #23 and pretty much ruined their season in the first game unless they run through the Big 12 which I don't see happening.

• Like 1

Isn't it better to find out what the Big 12 is all about early? Better than having them over hyped, playing a strictly conference schedule, and be exposed in the CFP, taking a playoff spot from a more deserving team from the ACC or SEC? 

At least the SEC has proven themselves over the years and the ACC is playing OOC games. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...