Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Carter 70 Rose Hill 61

Featured Replies

Actually, I got them from Emily Queen's mother...Rose Hill's statistician for the past 4 years. The mistake was mine and I've made the necessary corrections in the previous post.

 

LOL -

 

If there is one immutable truth in this universe, it's that Himmelfarb does NOT want to argue with Emily Queen's mother. My dear Gertrude will lose that one - every time. :D

 

 

Frances

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

What the heck are you talking about?

What the heck are you talking about?

 

Tonight's quips coupled with your criticism of her after the Boyd County game...sounds like sour grapes to me...and more than an adult would say about a kid. The sulking theory made sense to me.

LOL -

 

If there is one immutable truth in this universe, it's that Himmelfarb does NOT want to argue with Emily Queen's mother. My dear Gertrude will lose that one - every time. :D

 

 

Frances

 

"Those who refuse to learn from history..."

  • Author

I think Queens a great player and theres just always room for improvement.

About the date I havent planned on any dates with high schoolers for about 10 years now.

I think Queens a great player and theres just always room for improvement.

About the date I havent planned on any dates with high schoolers for about 10 years now.

 

Trust me...I agree totally...and say so.

 

And about the date...well, I'm glad I was wrong.

Emily is one of the best players to come out of this region in the last 20 years and her work ethic is second to no one.

  • Author

Queen was the best player on the floor tonight bar none in Olive Hill.

Queen was the best player on the floor tonight bar none in Olive Hill.

 

I still don't excuse her missed free throws...but I promise I was calm about it.;)

It's my understanding Terry was playing w/ the flu and couldn't keep anything down. Courageous effort. She still played the entire game. I wouldn't be so quick to judge the D-1 recruit. We've all seen her play many games where she was the dominant player on the floor. Any one could have an off night, especially when they're sick.

 

Quite courageous...but I would expect nothing less from her.

Todays Ashland paper stated that West played without two of it's starters. It seems the flu bug has started to take it's toll on area athletes. Hopefully it will be gone by the time Christmas tournaments begin.

Excellent avatar, cvillecat. The Ohio State football program was put on the map by Wayne Woodrow Hayes just as the UK basketball history was and is built solidly on the foundation provided by Adolph Fredrick Rupp. Both get negative, misleading, and sometimes untrue media coverage because they were stern taskmasters and because of the "nature" of the media. This country needs a few more like them in basketball and in government.

 

Too often we, particularly younger fans, forget where it all originated. Your avatar is a good reminder. We need to be reminded.

I hope for the girls sake that they right the ship, figure out how to maximize their assets, something! Or some of the upcoming games on the schedule will be a nightmare! I wish them luck!

Excellent avatar, cvillecat. The Ohio State football program was put on the map by Wayne Woodrow Hayes just as the UK basketball history was and is built solidly on the foundation provided by Adolph Fredrick Rupp. Both get negative, misleading, and sometimes untrue media coverage because they were stern taskmasters and because of the "nature" of the media. This country needs a few more like them in basketball and in government.

 

Too often we, particularly younger fans, forget where it all originated. Your avatar is a good reminder. We need to be reminded.

Thanks. Our hometown flavor at OSU makes the avatar a little more special. I agree the negative press has dampened their accomplishments but anyone who really knows the history can understand what they stood for and what they have done to promote the game and the kids who represented their programs.

PS.. I really liked the part about the younger fan, now I can make it through the day. When I awoke this morning I felt really old.:lol:

Brit played a pretty good game. It's a slow start to a long season. They'll get it together.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.