Seneca - 2020 Schedule

Seneca's last crowning moment was beating a Brian Brohm led Trinity in 2003. The program just can't garner interest. They hold a special place in my heart, as my mom graduated from their, and I played there in 95 before transferring to Trinity. 

Good luck RedHawks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NLTanker1 said:

Seneca's last crowning moment was beating a Brian Brohm led Trinity in 2003. The program just can't garner interest. They hold a special place in my heart, as my mom graduated from their, and I played there in 95 before transferring to Trinity. 

Good luck RedHawks!

Yep, I remember 2003 well.  I coached on that Seneca team.  We had a lot of talent led by mostly seniors.  That group stayed together for all 4 years, which was the difference.  I remember that Trinity game well.  Down 13 with about 3 minutes to play.  We scored, then went for the onside kick.  We got that also, then scored again with about 20 seconds to go.  Trinity had 2 plays after the kickoff and Andy Clark batted down the last hail mary pass of the game to seal the win.  Finished the regular season ranked #1 in Class 4A (only 4 classes then) before losing to Ballard in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  We beat them in the regular season, but in the playoffs, we had 7 turnovers and that's just too tough to overcome.  There was a lot of talent in that district that year overall with Gary Williams and Andy Clark for Seneca, Brohm for Trinity, Earl Heyman & Steve Chaney for Ballard, Mario & Maurice Urrutia for Fern Creek and Myron Pryor for Eastern.  Quite a few D1 players and some that had a cup of coffee in the NFL with Gary playing the longest with 6 seasons for the Panthers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...