Wii U

My wife and I talked last night about potentially buying a Nintendo Wii but I'm seeing that a Nintendo Wii U might be the better route to take.

She wants to play the standard bowling game that comes with a wii.  I am more interested like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and the retro games that I know you used to be able to download onto the system.

Anyone have any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, SvFan4life said:

The Wii U was discontinued years back. 

are you talking about a Nintendo Switch? 

Yeah, I know they stopped making it back in like 2017 or so but I thought you could still get a refurbished one relatively easily?

My wife just wants to play the wii bowling and I want to be able to play the old Mario games.

I gotcha. The Wii bowling causes issue. But all the old nes games can be played via Nintendo Online. That’s what I do. It’s great playing Excite Bike, Mario 3, metroid, Tecmo Bowl, etc. 

I’ve heard some people still getting the Wii U though. I’d imagine not too hard to find. 

Don't want to threadjack, but seeing Wii bowling made me laugh.  Several years ago, my mom bought my dad a Wii, thinking that doing some of the "sports" (specifically, bowling) might allow him to get up and get some "exercise" without doing anything too strenuous.  (He's now 80 and had two knee replacements.)

Don't you know my dad figured out how to do bowling, and be successful at it, from his recliner seat.  🤣

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...