Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wii U

Featured Replies

My wife and I talked last night about potentially buying a Nintendo Wii but I'm seeing that a Nintendo Wii U might be the better route to take.

She wants to play the standard bowling game that comes with a wii.  I am more interested like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and the retro games that I know you used to be able to download onto the system.

Anyone have any thoughts?

  • Author

The Wii U is a handheld console that can be streamed to your TV, is that right?

The Wii U was discontinued years back. 
 

are you talking about a Nintendo Switch? 

  • Author
5 minutes ago, SvFan4life said:

The Wii U was discontinued years back. 
 

are you talking about a Nintendo Switch? 

Yeah, I know they stopped making it back in like 2017 or so but I thought you could still get a refurbished one relatively easily?

My wife just wants to play the wii bowling and I want to be able to play the old Mario games.

I gotcha. The Wii bowling causes issue. But all the old nes games can be played via Nintendo Online. That’s what I do. It’s great playing Excite Bike, Mario 3, metroid, Tecmo Bowl, etc. 

 

I’ve heard some people still getting the Wii U though. I’d imagine not too hard to find. 

Don't want to threadjack, but seeing Wii bowling made me laugh.  Several years ago, my mom bought my dad a Wii, thinking that doing some of the "sports" (specifically, bowling) might allow him to get up and get some "exercise" without doing anything too strenuous.  (He's now 80 and had two knee replacements.)

Don't you know my dad figured out how to do bowling, and be successful at it, from his recliner seat.  ?

On 7/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The Wii U is a handheld console that can be streamed to your TV, is that right?

Yes.

  • Author

I was able to snag a Wii for $50 with everything including Wii Fit, which I don't know if we'd every use.

Whooping my wife in some wii bowling and my brother let us borrow some games.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.