Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Suspends All 2020 Fall Sports

Brett McMurphy is reporting that MEAC member schools had 7 games against FBS opponents this fall. Member football programs include Coppin State University, Delaware State University, Howard University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES), Morgan State University, Norfolk State University, Bethune-Cookman University, Florida A&M University, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, North Carolina Central University, and South Carolina State University.

MEAC Suspends Fall Sports Season Due to COVID-19

NORFOLK, Va., July 16, 2020 – The Council of Presidents and Chancellors of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) announces that the league will suspend all sports competition, championship and non-championship segments, for the 2020 fall season, as a result of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.  A decision is yet to be made on whether fall sports schedules will be moved to the 2021 spring semester.

12 minutes ago, Big Things Kentucky said:

Why are they in such a rush to decide? 

If I am the athletic director of a college, and I'm trying to make travel plans for all of my athletes to get to games in various different states throughout the regular seasons....figuring out buses or flights, making hotel reservations, and figuring out when and where to feed them...I'm figuring that out well ahead of time. Like months.

Then if the conference turns around and cancels all of that with only days to go before the season starts, there's a good chance I'm going to be losing a lot of money, if not just based on deposits.