Gavin Wimsatt (Owensboro '22) Recruiting

10 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I don’t really understand this one. Congratulations to the kid and he’s certainly allowed to pick whoever he wants but I don’t think one good player is going to improve that team a lot.

Wonder what the chances are of him actually going to Rutgers. He’s class of 22’. It’s so normal on CFB signing day now for these guys to “flip”. Not saying that is the case here. But committing before he plays his senior season, all signs point to a flip. 

Rutgers has the #6 class right now.  Wimsatt a great fit for their offensive scheme and I’m sure they promised that he would be the man.  UK was a horrible option for him.  I’m a UK grad and love UK but it has been a QB killer.  Since Stoops has been there passing chances have become less and less.  The QB usually only gets to pass when everyone knows it’s a passing down.  Stoops is a grind and defense guy and he has done pretty good job, but it was CLEARLY not the place for a top QB or WR.  Congrats to Gavin he is an outstanding QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brown said:

Rutgers has the #6 class right now.  Wimsatt a great fit for their offensive scheme and I’m sure they promised that he would be the man.  UK was a horrible option for him.  I’m a UK grad and love UK but it has been a QB killer.  Since Stoops has been there passing chances have become less and less.  The QB usually only gets to pass when everyone knows it’s a passing down.  Stoops is a grind and defense guy and he has done pretty good job, but it was CLEARLY not the place for a top QB or WR.  Congrats to Gavin he is an outstanding QB.

I completely agree on the UK points. Everyone is excited about this new O Coordinator. But it’s not like Gran didn’t want to open it up. Coordinator calls the plays as directed by the head coach. Always happy when a kid has found his “fit”. I just brought up flipping next year because it’s become all too common.