KHSAA cancelled Track season today

Being an old track and field guy, I hate to hear this, but it was inevitable.

Were you around during the Bobby Curtis years?

No. I’m older than him. I followed him though. This was my first year coaching track at St.X so very disappointed, but I look forward to next year.

Inevitable, but still a shame.

Reading between the lines, the season was more or less cancelled when UK closed their facilities through June several weeks ago and the KHSAA didn't start shopping for a alternative state site for track or tennis.

No. I’m older than him. I followed him though. This was my first year coaching track at St.X so very disappointed, but I look forward to next year.

I feel the same way about lacrosse. I was coaching my daughters Freshman team at Manual and really disappointed we didn't get to compete this spring. But moreso sad for the seniors, who put significant time and effort into being on the team for 4 years. Next year will be better!

I feel the same way about lacrosse. I was coaching my daughters Freshman team at Manual and really disappointed we didn't get to compete this spring. But moreso sad for the seniors, who put significant time and effort into being on the team for 4 years. Next year will be better!

Sometime when you have a moment, Google the name Claxton “Okie” O’Connor. Our HS lacrosse coach and in the LAX HOF. My 10th grade Algebra II teacher.

Sometime when you have a moment, Google the name Claxton “Okie” O’Connor. Our HS lacrosse coach and in the LAX HOF. My 10th grade Algebra II teacher.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to this, but I did look him up!

Pretty impressive! I love to learn about sport pioneers from the past

carving out a trail for others to follow. Must be great to have someone with

that much experience as your head coach as well!

Hope all is well!