(Quarantine Fun) 2020 Regional Pre-Season EKY Top 10

ATLCat

Are defending champions Pikeville and/or Somerset too low?

Will Corbin rebound and make a run without Haddix?

Can Pulaski County make a serious run with their experience back?

Where Corbin's program goes from here will be one of EKY's more intriguing storylines to follow. You've got a more old school, defensive oriented coach replacing one of the more dynamic young offensive minds around. With the success the Hounds have had at the middle school level in recent years, you've got to believe that talent won't be an issue.

Haddix's tenure was full of promise, but ultimately fell short of delivering a championship. A new voice and possibly a more "back to basics" approach could be just what Corbin needs to get over the hump.

1. Johnson Central

2. Wayne County

3. Bell County

4. Belfry

5. Pulaski County

6. Somerset

7. Pikeville

8. Corbin

9. Paintsville

10. Russell

Agree/Disagree?

Who should be in? Who would they replace?

I like your rankings and I'd have the same teams but mine would be just a little different. This is how I'd rank them:

1 Johnson Central

2 Belfry

3 Somerset

4 Pikeville

5 Bell County

6 Wayne County

7 Pulaski County

8 Corbin

9 Russell

10 Paintsville

1. Johnson Central

2. Wayne County

3. Bell County

4. Belfry

5. Pulaski County

6. Somerset

7. Pikeville

8. Corbin

9. Paintsville

10. Russell

Agree/Disagree?

Who should be in? Who would they replace?

I think Pulaski County is way too high. Lost a ton off last years team that went out first game of playoffs. Lost most of their line, two stud WR’s, players all over the defensive side of the ball.

My top 10 would be something like:

1. JC

2. Belfry

3. Somerset

4. Wayne

5. Corbin

6. Bell

7. Pikeville

8. Southwestern

9. Paintsville

10. Knox Central

Preseason EKY top 10:

1. JC

2. Corbin

3. Somerset

4. Belfry

5. Pikeville

6. Wayne

7. Bell

8. Southwestern

9. Paintsville

10. Knox Central

4A notes:

Johnson Central: Congratulations again on a awesome season. I think that program is hot right now and no doubt coming into 2020 will be the team to beat. I know the coaches will be working on reloading the key positions that they lost but they were huge losses. I see on defense and offense multiple players were graduated. I think Johnson Central will be king of the mountain until someone just takes it from them.

Wayne: Wayne has the Mr Football candidate in Sloan, if you want to watch a once in a lifetime player, then go watch Wayne County this year. He is as good as advertised. Wayne graduated some key players on defense and bring back most there offense, so expect high scoring games. Side note, they had a injury at QB last season and I personally wish this young man a full recovery.

Knox Central: Knox brings everyone back, I think they will have a very solid year as they are young. They will be a dangerous team to play but will make even more noise in 2021 season.

Corbin: Corbin changed coaches but brings back a very talented team that went 6-5 and was less than a few touchdowns from being 9-2 on that same season.

Somerset: I first got to see Somerset when they played Corbin in a very close ballgame that Somerset won at Corbin. I watched Somerset manhandle Breathitt and then saw the greatest show on earth the comeback for the ages, again congratulations Somerset. I expect this year for Somerset to be no different than last year, they will be a tuff out and looking for another Championship.

Bell-Belfry: I look for these two teams to make noise again in 2020, but they will have more work to get there as they both graduate key players that were crucial to last years big runs.

Pikeville- Paintsville: These teams will bring more of the same for 2020. I think Pikeville has too many weapons, I look for a repeat from them.

Southwestern: I think Southwestern will continue there winning ways. They turned a injury bug season last year into a contender by years end.