With the KHSAA decision to suspend all spring sports indefinitely and with the uncertainty that spring sports will continue at all, I would like to recognize the top 25 Shot Put Throwers in the state. Although there was a few outdoor meets held I thought recognizing the top 25 discus throwers would be not accurate due to many top level discus throwers not being able to compete yet.

KHSAA Shot Put Top 25

1. Jacob Kehoe Sr. Oldham County- 51'3.75

2. Malachi Lawrence Jr. Manual- 49'1

3. Jackson Smallwood Jr. Grant County- 46'11

4. Keane Mumford Sr. Hopkinsville- 45'6.5

5. Emmanuel Lopez So. Fern Creek- 44'7.75

6. Terrance Packer Sr. Manual- 44'7.5

7. Seth Cartwright Jr. Male- 43'7.5

8. LeAndre Bolen So. McCracken County-43'5.5

9. Ryker Matthews Sr. Eastern- 43'4.75

10. Isaiah Mcfarland Sr. Tates Creek- 42'9

11.Phlip Mathews Sr. Holy Cross- 42'7.75

12. Terrion Thompson Sr. Bowling Green- 42'5.75

13. Jackson Mcdonald Jr. St.Xavier- 42'2

14. Chase Thompson Jr. Marshall County- 42'1.5

15. Wilson Pendletown Jr. Ryle- 41'8.5

16. Trevon Ramsey So. Lloyd Memorial- 41'3.75

17. Austin Coleman Sr. CAL- 40'9.5

18. Lang Touchton Sr. Mason County- 40'9

19. Anthony Jones So. Lexington Christian- 40'7.75

20. Will Gunning Sr. Russell- 40'6.5

21. Austin Gough Jr. Owensboro- 40'6

22. Jacob Sandidge Sr. Larue County- 40'2

23. Mike Wallington Jr. Llyod Memorial- 40'0.25

24. Issac Kern Jr. Bryan Station- 39'1.75

25. Kyron Humphrey Sr. Fleming County- 38'11.75

These rankings come from Athletic Net

I feel so bad for all of these athletes but especially the seniors. To have there last season just taken from them is just plain cruel. The memories they could've made will most likely never come. I like to follow Kentucky track and field and being from Oldham County I personally know Jacob Kehoe. He was looking so good here recently and was really hoping to break Oldham County's school record and win State but as of right now that will not happen, its just tragic.

With the KHSAA decision to suspend all spring sports indefinitely and with the uncertainty that spring sports will continue at all, I would like to recognize the top 25 Shot Put Throwers in the state. Although there was a few outdoor meets held I thought recognizing the top 25 discus throwers would be not accurate due to many top level discus throwers not being able to compete yet.

KHSAA Shot Put Top 25

1. Jacob Kehoe Sr. Oldham County- 51'3.75

2. Malachi Lawrence Jr. Manual- 49'1

3. Jackson Smallwood Jr. Grant County- 46'11

4. Keane Mumford Sr. Hopkinsville- 45'6.5

5. Emmanuel Lopez So. Fern Creek- 44'7.75

6. Terrance Packer Sr. Manual- 44'7.5

7. Seth Cartwright Jr. Male- 43'7.5

8. LeAndre Bolen So. McCracken County-43'5.5

9. Ryker Matthews Sr. Eastern- 43'4.75

10. Isaiah Mcfarland Sr. Tates Creek- 42'9

11.Phlip Mathews Sr. Holy Cross- 42'7.75

12. Terrion Thompson Sr. Bowling Green- 42'5.75

13. Jackson Mcdonald Jr. St.Xavier- 42'2

14. Chase Thompson Jr. Marshall County- 42'1.5

15. Wilson Pendletown Jr. Ryle- 41'8.5

16. Trevon Ramsey So. Lloyd Memorial- 41'3.75

17. Austin Coleman Sr. CAL- 40'9.5

18. Lang Touchton Sr. Mason County- 40'9

19. Anthony Jones So. Lexington Christian- 40'7.75

20. Will Gunning Sr. Russell- 40'6.5

21. Austin Gough Jr. Owensboro- 40'6

22. Jacob Sandidge Sr. Larue County- 40'2

23. Mike Wallington Jr. Llyod Memorial- 40'0.25

24. Issac Kern Jr. Bryan Station- 39'1.75

25. Kyron Humphrey Sr. Fleming County- 38'11.75

These rankings come from Athletic Net

I feel so bad for all of these athletes but especially the seniors. To have there last season just taken from them is just plain cruel. The memories they could've made will most likely never come. I like to follow Kentucky track and field and being from Oldham County I personally know Jacob Kehoe. He was looking so good here recently and was really hoping to break Oldham County's school record and win State but as of right now that will not happen, its just tragic.

I coached Jacob Kehoe in grade school and I’m good friends with family. He has worked very hard to get where he’s at. He recently committed to Hanover and will throw for them. I hope to get to watch him throw in college. Sad for all these Seniors. I hold out a glimmer of hope for short season but most likely won’t happen.

Shout out to the "weight men" (an old school term used by my high school track coach. Did I mention I was in high school just after the first year of the modern Olympic games?). It really is heartbreaking for all the spring sport athletes and especially the seniors.

Way back in the day, our high school hosted an “all relays” meet. Track relays were standard - 4X100, etc. - but only relays; no individual events. Field relays were the result of the total distance or height of your school’s best two throwers and horizontal and vertical jumpers. Kind of a neat twist on the typical T&F meet.

I’ve also been to meets that added “big men sprints”. Must be 200+ pounds to participate.

Way back in the day, our high school hosted an “all relays” meet. Track relays were standard - 4X100, etc. - but only relays; no individual events. Field relays were the result of the total distance or height of your school’s best two throwers and horizontal and vertical jumpers. Kind of a neat twist on the typical T&F meet.

I’ve also been to meets that added “big men sprints”. Must be 200+ pounds to participate.

Yeah, my track coach believed in making the "Weight Men" from each school run a relay race after the official meet was over. We'd line up and run a 4x100 relay with 4 throwers from your team. I tried to make myself scarce at the end of the meets so he'd choose someone else to run.

• 3 weeks later...

I look forward to the track season maybe more than football. My son is a thrower on this list and basically taught himself to throw by watching YouTube videos of the best throwers in the world. I really feel for him and the seniors on his team, at least he still has a year to go.