Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Blazer 95 Rose Hill 52 (64th District)

Featured Replies

Final from Boyd County Middle School.

I caught a little of the game on a live stream while I was at another district tournament and I believe the announcer said Ashland had eleven 3 pointers in the first half. I don’t know how many they ended up with but I hope they’ve got their shooting zoned in for the rest of the year. Toward the end of the season they kind of went into a slump in their perimeter shooting.

  • Author
I caught a little of the game on a live stream while I was at another district tournament and I believe the announcer said Ashland had eleven 3 pointers in the first half. I don’t know how many they ended up with but I hope they’ve got their shooting zoned in for the rest of the year. Toward the end of the season they kind of went into a slump in their perimeter shooting.

 

The Daily Independent credited Ashland Blazer with 13 three pointers for the game. The article said that the starters were taken out after three quarters with Ashland leading 86-40 on 34-48 shooting. The article reported that Porter went 12-15 with 31 points, Villars went 8-11 with 21 points, Sellars 6 for 6 with 12 points and Bradley 3-3 with 8 points, Hudson had 9 points before they were all taken out after the third quarter.

Porter finished with 31 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists. He's eventually going to land that tripple double if he keeps rebounding the way he has been.

 

As far as his numbers go we all knew he can put up points, particularly when he drives to the basket or has an open look at a set shot. He also may be the best passer I've ever seen (in person) as a high school freshman so the assists make sense as well. The way he rebounds though is what is mind blowing, given his size. At one point he led the team in rebounds this season, as far as I know he still does.

 

His size has been questioned as a potential liability at the next level but with his athleticism, court vision and general basketball IQ his lack of height doesn't seem to be as big of an issue as most would expect.

He almost had a quad dbl early in the season

He almost had a quad dbl early in the season

 

I remember that, forget who it was against.

Pretty sure it was Lewis co.

  • Author
I remember that, forget who it was against.

 

It was against Lewis County. Porter had 10 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds and 8 steals in under 24 minutes of playing time. Against Rose Hill Porter had 31 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists in 24 minutes of playing time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.