12th Region Fan Rankings

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a real gym? Somerset is a class A school, of course Southwesterns gym is going to be bigger an better. And when Somerset wins on Jan. 13th, lets not blame it on the gym.

It better be a different Somerset team than the one I watched get upset by a winless Rockcastle Co. team last night. The team I saw looked to be totally lost on offense, soft, lethargic and poorly coached. It seems they're going out of their way to try to prove that they want to run this year and in the process totally forget to run plays in their set offense, content to launch 3's. They'd better improve a bunch if they want to avoid another 1st round district exit.

It better be a different Somerset team than the one I watched get upset by a winless Rockcastle Co. team last night. The team I saw looked to be totally lost on offense, soft, lethargic and poorly coached. It seems they're going out of their way to try to prove that they want to run this year and in the process totally forget to run plays in their set offense, content to launch 3's. They'd better improve a bunch if they want to avoid another 1st round district exit.

Seems to me your basing your opinion on one game. Yes, Somerset played terrible the other night, but if you watched them beat Casey co. a few nights before by 25 you wouldnt be saying this at all. Everyone has a bad game, luckily its early in the season.

Seems to me your basing your opinion on one game. Yes, Somerset played terrible the other night, but if you watched them beat Casey co. a few nights before by 25 you wouldnt be saying this at all. Everyone has a bad game, luckily its early in the season.

A true regional title contender should never play that poorly at home in a game played to determine seeding. I wonder if some of the players were reading the predictions of a blowout on this board and thought they could just show up and win. For their sake I hope they pull it together. You can't alternate good and bad games and advance in the post season.

A true regional title contender should never play that poorly at home in a game played to determine seeding. I wonder if some of the players were reading the predictions of a blowout on this board and thought they could just show up and win. For their sake I hope they pull it together. You can't alternate good and bad games and advance in the post season.

Well i guess its a good thing its 5 games into the season! But you do realize that Boyle co. last year started out about 5-11 last year and still won the region last year. And i'm sure they probably "played poorly in a home game to determine a seeding in one of those 11 early season losses!" I know i'm defending them hard, but anyone is going to defend their team. They may not have shown up to play, but criticizing them after one bad game is a little harsh.

For the most part Somerset didn't play that terrible Friday night. They were getting wide open looks and moving the ball well but the shots just weren't dropping. I know they had plenty of uncontested shot from three point range but were still shooting something like 2 for 22 at one point in the game. This team will be really good come tournament time, they are just still a pretty young team.

Somerset just had an off night shooting. THey are the best team. And they will be a force to be reckoned with next march if they do not have a let down after the all A which I think they could win.

There is nothing wrong the jumper floor. Its just that I hate it in there when they play PC and SW. There isnt enough seating in the stands. When they remodeled they should have added more seats. Also they should accept coaches cards for all contest that is my real beef with Somerset.

Somerset just had an off night shooting. THey are the best team. And they will be a force to be reckoned with next march if they do not have a let down after the all A which I think they could win.

There is nothing wrong the jumper floor. Its just that I hate it in there when they play PC and SW. There isnt enough seating in the stands. When they remodeled they should have added more seats. Also they should accept coaches cards for all contest that is my real beef with Somerset.

Thank you Hector, i do agree with the seating issue when SW an PC play are there.. But Coaches Cards?

I think that Thacker is getting the effort out of all of his players right now, some of them just aren't producing the way they are capable of. John Cole is the best player on that team and one of the best in the region. He has only been practicing for a week because of football, he will be fine.

Thank you Hector, i do agree with the seating issue when SW an PC play are there.. But Coaches Cards?

For the record I have been to some Somerset contests when they accepted coaches cards. But in the Shoot Out by the Lake this year they did not honor coaches cards. Also At the Ray Correll bowl game in football they did not honor coaches cards. In my opinion coaches cards should be honored at all KHSAA events except State Championship Tournaments . I guess this should on another thread.

For the record I have been to some Somerset contests when they accepted coaches cards. But in the Shoot Out by the Lake this year they did not honor coaches cards. Also At the Ray Correll bowl game in football they did not honor coaches cards. In my opinion coaches cards should be honored at all KHSAA events except State Championship Tournaments . I guess this should on another thread.

Afraid they will miss out on an extra $200.