Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 76 Collins 72

Featured Replies

My point was you were at the game, provided game updates and all you had to say was Niece looked more in command of the game and confident on his leg. He scored 39 points while being guarded by possibly the best defender in Ky whom eventually fouls out guarding him (not sure how many fouls were while guarding Niece). He missed maybe 2-3 shots all night from the field while playing the point and running the offense. He also had 6 rebounds. I would at least thought you would have at some point during the game or after the game said Niece had a good game! Only one game and not taking anything away from Collins nor their players. They have amazing talent and are an amazing team that represents the 8th region well throughout the state. I just thought if you were going to comment on this one game, you would have mentioned he played a pretty good game!

 

Hi, Dogg2525!

 

Hey, I'm sorry if my comments in any way seemed to diminish KN. He did, in fact, have an awesome game. When I penned my post from 9:55 this morning, I was just checking the bulletin board before church. I know I have a "reputation" for typing out long entries on the bulletin board, but I simply didn't have time for that this morning. I was just kicking my "2 cents" worth about the two things that really stood out to me more than anything else in the game for the two teams.

 

For SK, it was the way KN moved and played the game. 39 points is an insane total, but that really wasn't the news. When KN is 100%, 30+ points is definitely always within his reach. I last saw KN on January 4th, against Fern Creek; 7 games ago. At that time, he was playing well, but obviously still lacked the confidence in his knee based on the way he moved. The difference, in my opinion, was dramatic in this game, and signified to me that he's back close to 100%, which is encouraging news for SK.

 

Likewise, I singled out McKnight for Collins because I thought this was the best game I've seen him play in the last couple of weeks. His aggressiveness on defense was particularly impressive - even thought that probably cost him in the form of a couple of extra fouls.

 

Bottom-line, my morning post wasn't intended to be a complete "report card" on KN; merely a statement of what stood out to me more than anything else in the contest.

 

While I really don't understand how my post would have done so, I do apologize if somehow that post was deemed offensive to anyone.

 

CM

Hi, Dogg2525!

 

Hey, I'm sorry if my comments in any way seemed to diminish KN. He did, in fact, have an awesome game. When I penned my post from 9:55 this morning, I was just checking the bulletin board before church. I know I have a "reputation" for typing out long entries on the bulletin board, but I simply didn't have time for that this morning. I was just kicking my "2 cents" worth about the two things that really stood out to me more than anything else in the game for the two teams.

 

For SK, it was the way KN moved and played the game. 39 points is an insane total, but that really wasn't the news. When KN is 100%, 30+ points is definitely always within his reach. I last saw KN on January 4th, against Fern Creek; 7 games ago. At that time, he was playing well, but obviously still lacked the confidence in his knee based on the way he moved. The difference, in my opinion, was dramatic in this game, and signified to me that he's back close to 100%, which is encouraging news for SK.

 

Likewise, I singled out McKnight for Collins because I thought this was the best game I've seen him play in the last couple of weeks. His aggressiveness on defense was particularly impressive - even thought that probably cost him in the form of a couple of extra fouls.

 

Bottom-line, my morning post wasn't intended to be a complete "report card" on KN; merely a statement of what stood out to me more than anything else in the contest.

 

While I really don't understand how my post would have done so, I do apologize if somehow that post was deemed offensive to anyone.

 

CM

 

You’re posts rock. You don’t need to apologize for anything.

It's a positive sign to see KN go for 39 on the second night of a back to back. He's upped his scoring average by close to three.

 

Cov Cath on Friday and region foes Gallatin, Oldham and WoFo, first tei on the road. March is going to be a giod watch for 8th fans.

Wish I'd seen the entire game. I was busy most of the first half (Note that my updates actually began in the third quarter).

 

But I'll say this: The second half was well worth the price of admission.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.