2019 NFL Draft Updates

Going from 2000-2016 (Not including 2017 and 2018 because it’s still early) there have been 45 first round QBs. 24 of them have been what I would consider to be a bust. Outside of Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Tebow, and Manziel the ones that turned out to be busts were just average QBs in college that “checked all the boxes” ie Daniel Jones. Of the 21 first round QBs that weren’t busts, Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler are the only ones who weren’t absolute stars in college. There are some guys drafted in the first round who went to fcs schools (Flacco and Wentz) who put up really good numbers just against obviously supremely inferior competition. So I’ll even completely exclude those two. So out of the 19 guys who panned out (excluding Flacco and Wentz) only 2 weren’t stars in college: Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler. Drafting a first round QB is a coin flip, but history tells us that the guys who panned out in the NFL were more often than not stars in college.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he had Daniel Jones and Josh Allen with the same ranking in his board that makes him look like an even bigger moron than he already appears to be. Josh Allen was one of the 3 best players in this draft. Gettleman is an absolute moron. How can you support what this guy is doing to your franchise? You’ve become the Cleveland Browns.

You seem upset :lol2:

Most of my posts have revolved around the fact that Gettleman has no idea what he’s doing. I mean look no further than the last post HB20 made. Gettleman said Josh Allen and Daniel Jones were ranked the same on his draft board. You’re a UK guy, you know how absolutely absurd that statement is. It’s not even about Haskins at this point. It’s about how absolutely horrific Gettleman is at making decisions and how much he contradicts himself.

You are being petty at this point. I don't agree with every move Gettleman has made (OBJ being #1) but to say he has no idea what he is doing is crazy. He had a great draft last year, and outside of the Jones pick, many people loved the rest of the draft this year.

Not everyone hated the Jones pick. Gil Brandt loved it, and Mel Kiper did as well.

Like I've said over and over, I didn't love the pick. But I'm willing to wait and see before I call it a failure.