BCS possibilities

Jim Schue

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really at a loss as to how any team from the ACC or Big 12 can get a BCS game. I could probably handle Texas getting a bid but the rest of those teams is ridiculous.

For all the talk about how weak the Big East is people seem to forget they happen to be better than those two conferences.

Although Rutgers lost today I still think it shows how competitive the Big East is. You have three elite teams (U of L, WVU and Rutgers) and a second tier that's just as competitive as the second tier in any conference (Cincy, South Florida and Pitt).

Oh well nobody will believe me though.

I am really at a loss as to how any team from the ACC or Big 12 can get a BCS game. I could probably handle Texas getting a bid but the rest of those teams is ridiculous.

For all the talk about how weak the Big East is people seem to forget they happen to be better than those two conferences.

Although Rutgers lost today I still think it shows how competitive the Big East is. You have three elite teams (U of L, WVU and Rutgers) and a second tier that's just as competitive as the second tier in any conference (Cincy, South Florida and Pitt).

Oh well nobody will believe me though.

Hey, the SEC and the other biggies made the rules. Can't change it in midstream just because a conference underperforms. And as far as the ACC goes, coming into play today, they had five teams ranked. Only one other conference could make that claim: The Almightly SEC.

Fiesta

Ohio St / USC-After they handle Notre Dame and UCLA, they'll bolt over Michigan or the SEC winner

Rose

Michigan / Texas-They'll take care of business in the Big 12 championship

Orange

Ga Tech / Louisville

Sugar

Florida / W.Virginia

Notre Dame, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Rutgers, LSU, Oklahoma, BCollege, Boise St are all on the outside looking in...

I think Notre Dame beats USC. That changes everything.

IF Notre Dame beats USC...

BCS Title game - Ohio State vs. Michigan

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. USC

Orange Bowl - Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia

Sugar Bowl - Arkansas/Florida vs. Notre Dame

Fiesta Bowl - Texas vs. Boise State

If USC beats Notre Dame...

BCS Title Game - Ohio State vs. USC

Rose Bowl - Michigan vs. Texas

Orange Bowl - Georgia Tech vs. West Virginia

Sugar Bowl - Arkansas/Florida vs. Notre Dame

Fiesta Bowl - Florida/Arkansas vs. Boise State