Open Job: Carroll County

PP1

Coach Henderson resigned last week. Hannah Devine will coach the Lady Panthers in the district tournament. Devine was a really good offensive player under Randy Mefford when he was the coach at Carroll County back in 2009 and 2010. She played at Thomas more before getting into coaching.

Hate to hear that. Ron's a good friend and we once coached together (not in HS).

Last year, he seemed to have the Carroll County ladies program on track for long-term improvement.....I thought he did a pretty good job all in all last year, when his first team went 14-16. This year, I know they fell off the mark a bit, winning just 8 regular season games, but they had a really young team. I think just 2 seniors. The varsity roster I have shows four freshmen, three sophomores, and an 8th grader.

Whatever the reason, I hope he lands on his feet.

Best of luck to the Lady Panthers in a difficult situation.

CM

I talked to Coach Devine before the boys games on Tuesday. She indicated that she will be applying for the position after the season. She is doing a lot of fund raising to get the Carroll girls team to Orlando next year. She pointed out also, that she is in it for the long haul and that her stay in Carrollton is not short lived. As stated above, that's where she played, she lives there and does so much in the community with their feeder schools, it would be a shame for her not to get the position permanently.

I did not go into what happened as her focus rightly so is moving forward. I wish Coach Henderson all the best.

With Rianna Gayheart (former Owen County star and 8th region player of the year) an assistant coach (at Walton-Verona still?), all we need is former South Oldham star Jasmine Whitfield to come back and we could get three of the superstars of that phenomenal class coaching against each other after playing against each other....LOL!