Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Carroll County

Featured Replies

Coach Henderson resigned last week. Hannah Devine will coach the Lady Panthers in the district tournament. Devine was a really good offensive player under Randy Mefford when he was the coach at Carroll County back in 2009 and 2010. She played at Thomas more before getting into coaching.

Any details on why he would quit right before the districts start?

Hate to hear that. Ron's a good friend and we once coached together (not in HS).

 

Last year, he seemed to have the Carroll County ladies program on track for long-term improvement.....I thought he did a pretty good job all in all last year, when his first team went 14-16. This year, I know they fell off the mark a bit, winning just 8 regular season games, but they had a really young team. I think just 2 seniors. The varsity roster I have shows four freshmen, three sophomores, and an 8th grader.

 

Whatever the reason, I hope he lands on his feet.

 

Best of luck to the Lady Panthers in a difficult situation.

 

CM

I'll be interviewing Coach Devine this evening. Won't get into that, but will see what I can find out off air.

I'll be interviewing Coach Devine this evening. Won't get into that, but will see what I can find out off air.

 

We will be expecting a full report. :thumb:

I talked to Coach Devine before the boys games on Tuesday. She indicated that she will be applying for the position after the season. She is doing a lot of fund raising to get the Carroll girls team to Orlando next year. She pointed out also, that she is in it for the long haul and that her stay in Carrollton is not short lived. As stated above, that's where she played, she lives there and does so much in the community with their feeder schools, it would be a shame for her not to get the position permanently.

 

I did not go into what happened as her focus rightly so is moving forward. I wish Coach Henderson all the best.

I heard early in the season that HD was progressing quickly as a JV coach. She knows the game and the team likes and respects her. Hopefully she gets her chance. Best of luck to her and to Coach Henderson.

They won't find anyone more dedicated to take that job than Hannah Devine.

With Rianna Gayheart (former Owen County star and 8th region player of the year) an assistant coach (at Walton-Verona still?), all we need is former South Oldham star Jasmine Whitfield to come back and we could get three of the superstars of that phenomenal class coaching against each other after playing against each other....LOL!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.