Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patriots vs. Chiefs 01/20/19 (AFC Conference Championship)

Patriots@Chiefs Who Wins? 14 members have voted

  1. 1. Patriots@Chiefs Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

New England plays in the freezing cold a lot more than Kansas City.

 

Historically, sure. I'm not sure that carries much weight in any particular year, though.

Historically, sure. I'm not sure that carries much weight in any particular year, though.

 

I guess I look at it from the perspective of have guys like Patrick Mahomes, Tye Hill, played in this type of weather before, at this level?

 

The guys in New England have. It may not be a drastic advantage or end up mattering, but I think it's a definite edge to the Pats.

I guess I look at it from the perspective of have guys like Patrick Mahomes, Tye Hill, played in this type of weather before, at this level?

 

The guys in New England have. It may not be a drastic advantage or end up mattering, but I think it's a definite edge to the Pats.

 

I think the question of whether Mahomes and Co. played at this level at all is more relevant than the weather. The key players on the Patriots just have much more experience in these games in general, regardless of the weather. IMO, KC isn't any more likely to win if it's sunny and 70.

Teams constantly turn over, and 0 degrees is not a normal temperature anywhere you go. I would be willing to bet only a handful of players on this Patriots team have played in anywhere near this blistery of weather. However, the one person who matters most has many bad weather games under his belt.

 

And if we are comparing climates, my guess is Kansas City and Foxboro are similar temperature wise November - March. Foxboro probably averages more snowfall. But that upper-midwest area can get brutal.

Kansas City is more dependent on getting the ball down the field with their passing attack. New England dinks and dunks all over the field. Advantage: New England.

  • Author

Just saw online that the ref who was on the deflategate game is calling the AFC title game Sunday.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.