Boyle County 51 Lincoln County 46

Boyle is a team you will want to avoid the first round of District.

You're absolutely correct, but somebody has to play somebody in the district tournament. Danville has established themselves as the favorite right now, but that will be a battle between Boyle, Garrard, and Lincoln, who all look to be very even.

Just got home.

Very exciting win for the Rebels.

Clearly the return of Grant Hotchkiss and Reese Smith make a huge difference to the team. I believe the score was 7-0 Lincoln County when they both checked into the game. By the end of the first quarter it was 16-11 Lincoln County and Grant had 7 points. The change was immediate and Grant is the point guard of the team now.

Luke Sheperson played a great game. His importance to the team is understated. He is a good defender and he provides strength in the paint and he plays hard every play. Sophomore.

Luke Imfeld hit the go ahead shot from 25 feet that put the Rebels up for good 45-44 with about 2:00 left in the game. Freshman.

Caleb Jackson hit a huge shot when the Rebels were down 44-40 late in the 4th to make the score 44-42. After the Rebels took the lead 45-44 and got the ball back Luke Imfeld was trapped in a corner and Caleb called a timeout to make sure the Rebels maintained possession. Super smart play. Senior.

Will Imfeld provided tough defense and drew a couple of charges tonight and also added his signature hustle plays to keep momentum going forward for the Rebels. Senior.

Hagen Webb added strong minutes off the bench and hit a huge 3 late in the game to help spark the Rebels comeback. When he gets to where he is ready to shoot as soon as he touches the rock he will be a dangerous scorer from deep. Freshman.

In the 4th quarter when the Rebels had to have points they put the ball in Reese Smith’s hands and he delivered. Reese scored two baskets all night but he was 11-12 from the free throw line as he attacked the basket from all angles in the 4th quarter and got to the free throw line over and over again. Reese has proven to be a lethal scorer from all over the floor his first two years as a Rebel and as a junior leading this Rebel team his ability to score anytime he wants is the element that the Rebels were missing. Having a scorer like him on the floor makes things easier for everyone else on the court. I said it about Hagen Tyler and now I am saying it about Reese Smith.......forget the grace period.....put him in the Boyle County Hall of Fame as soon as he graduates. He is one of the best athletes from Boyle County that I have ever witnessed. Tonight he added to his legacy.

The Rebels are coming.

I’ve also said it before and I’ll say it until I die. Steve Adams is one of the best coaches in the state. Tonight was a typical Boyle County/Lincoln County game and while we all knew Reese and Grant were expected to play tonight for them to get the win on the road at Lincoln County in their first basketball game since March of 2018 is not only a testament to those two kids but also a testament to Steve Adams and his coaching staff. I’ll take him and his staff over any staff in the state and he can coach my kids, my grandkids and my grandkid’s kids.

Word up.

PP92, dead on. Gonna be a crazy tournament, again.

I had the radio call on this one and noticed your blood-clean-up comment in the update thread. Know what happened? The floor had been painted recently and there were specks of red paint on the floor. After it would not come up, they finally figured out that it wasn’t blood.

PP92, dead on. Gonna be a crazy tournament, again.

I had the radio call on this one and noticed your blood-clean-up comment in the update thread. Know what happened? The floor had been painted recently and there were specks of red paint on the floor. After it would not come up, they finally figured out that it wasn’t blood.

:lol2: :lol2:

That’s pretty funny. Fooled by the new paint job. :lol2: