December 31, 20187 yr NKU goes to 2-0 in conference with another impressive win as they shutdown UIC. A good defensive effort holding the Flames to 36% shooting and 20% from the three. Tate had 22 in the first half and finished with a career high 25. McDonald had one of the worst great games I've ever seen. They continued to try to feed him in the post and he couldn't make anything in the first half but hit a huge three in the second half and was 10 for 14 at the line while going 4 for 16 from the field. Finishes with 19 points and 20 rebounds (career high). The Norse dominate the boards 46-27 and only allow 4 offensive rebounds. Relatively easy wins over two teams who beat Wright State (UIC) and played them to an 8 point game (IUPUI). Big game Friday at Oakland. They seem to be playing better and are 2-0 in conference but did that at YSU and CSU.
December 31, 20187 yr A good game to watch. I was impressed with the way Northern Kentucky finished this one.
December 31, 20187 yr I have been watching some of it on a replay. The Norse look good but the crowd was disappointing. I don't know what they claim but it looks like about 1500.
December 31, 20187 yr I have been watching some of it on a replay. The Norse look good but the crowd was disappointing. I don't know what they claim but it looks like about 1500. Well over 1500 there. Official attendance was just under 3,000. Probably pretty close.
December 31, 20187 yr Another good game for the Norse. Jalen Tate carried them to a 44-28 halftime lead behind a career high 22 first half points. Sharpe battled foul trouble the whole game and never could get going. Walton had a few big triples, and my man Vogt gave some solid minutes off the bench in this one. #13 for UIC, Jordan Blount, is a punk. Shoving, elbowing, grabbing, kneeing, flopping, etc. He did all of it and then some. McDonald fouled him out, and the place (including Drew) went pretty crazy. Never seen Drew go at a guy like he did Blount. Speaking of which, did anyone else think Drew threw a haymaker at Blount on a mid-1st half tieup scramble? Wife and I were both positive we saw it, but refs reviewed the play and didn't call anything.
December 31, 20187 yr Author I have been watching some of it on a replay. The Norse look good but the crowd was disappointing. I don't know what they claim but it looks like about 1500. Students are gone so the bleacher end zone was pretty empty but the sidelines were packed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.