What is the "Repeat Rule" in the State Semifinals?

gchs_uk9

Taking a look at the playoff brackets the state semifinals (next week) are showing where the game will be played. In Class 2A-6A it says at ST. X/MALE UNLESS REPEAT (or something similar). What does that mean? What is this repeat rule?

218 Kentucky High School Football

Because of cross bracketing, you could end up with the same semifinal matchup from the year before BUT with teams technically representing different regions. And the host IS supposed to be based on the year (even region host in even year, odd region host in odd years).

Because 6A changes regions every year, that don't fly.

So if the matchup is the same as the previous year, the team which did NOT host last year DOES host this year.

I know I suck at explaining things (you'd think I'd be better as a writer), but I tried.

Because of cross bracketing, you could end up with the same semifinal matchup from the year before BUT with teams technically representing different regions. And the host IS supposed to be based on the year (even region host in even year, odd region host in odd years).

Because 6A changes regions every year, that don't fly.

So if the matchup is the same as the previous year, the team which did NOT host last year DOES host this year.

I know I suck at explaining things (you'd think I'd be better as a writer), but I tried.

That makes sense. However, I've never seen that in writing on the KHSAA website.