Mercer vs. Russell potential 2a state championship matchup

ECFAN

This is in my mind could be one of the best potenital matchups i've seen in a long time. From Russell you have arguebly one of the best running backs in the state in Kasey Clark, and from Mercer you have a team that puts up around 55 points and rushes for over 400 yards per game.

That is the match-up that the non-bias football fan wants to see and I would think it would get a big draw at Pappa Johns, but both of these programs have to play some good football against some quality teams to get that far.

That's right. I believe that there are a few teams left in AA that might have something to say about this thread like Belfry, Middlesboro and Prestonsburg. There are a lot of good team left out there and in my opinion Russel will more than likely have to make a trip to CAM stadium and I believe that that would be a pretty even match up between the Pirates and Red Devils. You might be right but I would not count my chickens before they hatch, especially with the teams left in Eastern Kentucky.

That's right. I believe that there are a few teams left in AA that might have something to say about this thread like Belfry, Middlesboro and Prestonsburg. There are a lot of good team left out there and in my opinion Russel will more than likely have to make a trip to CAM stadium and I believe that that would be a pretty even match up between the Pirates and Red Devils. You might be right but I would not count my chickens before they hatch, especially with the teams left in Eastern Kentucky.

I don't think anybody is taking Belfry, Middlesboro or Prestonsburg lightly. Russell has Fleming Co to deal with this week.

ll by the way.

That is the match-up that the non-bias football fan wants to see and I would think it would get a big draw at Pappa Johns, but both of these programs have to play some good football against some quality teams to get that far.

Big draw? How many would you predict?