Jimmy Buckets wants out

So... Jimmy Butler requested a trade this week.

That’s no surprise to anybody who watches the Association. Thibs is a mediocre at best coach who has continually used every 1/64” tread on his players’s tires. The organization is stuck somewhere between rebuilding and contending, which is the worst place to be. KAT is probably the most powerful person in the locker room.

The trifecta of ingredients for running the best player out of town. Add to that, Andrew Wiggins’ brother is thankful Jimmy wants out, despite the probability that Wiggins will be best known for being traded for Kevin Love after being selected #1 overall.

The real surprise is the list of teams on Butler’s wishlist: Clippers, Knicks, Nets. He and Kyrie have been tied to the Knicks, and I could see Kevin Knox being included in either of those hypothetical trades, but what is Jimmy’s goal here outside of getting away from Thibs?

Either/any of those markets are huge, so maybe he’s working on his brand recognition?

Does he see something in those rosters that I don’t?

They can all offer him max money, but then again, so can Minnesota...

Any way you slice it, we gotta thank LeBron for making player mobility such a fun part of the offseason. That guy really is somethin.

This news makes me sick.

I think Butler's impact on a team is overrated when it comes to comparing him against other elite talents in the league. Having watched virtually every one of Butler's dribbles last season, he ain't that guy.

Thibs I have been displeased with since his hire. Always be skeptical of the coach who is responsible for personnel decisions. Not to mention he runs the team into the ground, forcing KAT and Wiggins (talk about another player I have little use for) to play 40+ minutes every game. Thibs knew his team and should have been smart enough to not bring Butler into the fold. Horrible mix. Had Minnesota stayed put with Kris Dunn and the 7th pick (Lauri Markkanen), they would have more cap space and be better suited to build around KAT. It's now a disaster where they are going to be forced to dump Butler. Hoping they can dupe a team that feels Butler is worth the $190MM he is owed if traded.

It's full on dysfunction in Minnesota. Ownership and management are not on the same page with their statements with one saying Butler is on the trading block, the other side saying Butler is a star and going nowhere. Sheesh.

Oh yeah, the Bulls' pick the TWolves got last year in the Butler trade, Justin Patton, was injured most o flast season with a foot injury, and guess what.... he needed another foot surgery earlier this week, meaning he is out indefinitely.