Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3A Powell County at 3A Bath County 8/31

Who wins? 10 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Bath County
      30%
    • Powell County
      70%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This one's almost too close to call. I thought West Carter would beat Powell last week, but the Pirates proved me wrong. This game might give us some insight as to how West and Bath stack up to each other.

 

This should be one of the best RB duels in the state this weekend between Swartz and Skidmore. I saw that Swartz carried the ball 41 times against Rowan. Surely that can't be a regular occurrence this season? He's a great player, but man... he just carries such a heavy load on his shoulders week in and week out.

 

If I had to go one way or the other, I'll take Bath by a TD in a back and forth, old fashioned slobber knocker. Somewhere in the 35-28 range.

Skidmore at Powell is a great high school running back, the best on West Carter's schedule by far. If Powell beats Bath this week they are likely to go undefeated in the regular season. This game will come down to time of possession and turnovers. I'll take Powell County in this one because they have the ability to school must faster than Bath.

 

Powell County 35

Bath County 28

  • Author
Skidmore at Powell is a great high school running back, the best on West Carter's schedule by far. If Powell beats Bath this week they are likely to go undefeated in the regular season. This game will come down to time of possession and turnovers. I'll take Powell County in this one because they have the ability to school must faster than Bath.

 

Powell County 35

Bath County 28

 

This is a good game for both teams. Last season was a battle where both teams can say they left it all on the field. BC was down 21-0 in the 2nd quarter in Stanton and came back to win 32-27 on a Thursday night as the game was moved to avoid the remnants of Hurricane Harvey. Both went on to have good seasons.

 

I agree that Powell Co could run the table from here out especially in district play. I agree that time of possession and turnovers could likely be the key to the outcome. Skidmore is a beast but to say he is BY FAR better than Swartz....I will say they both serve their teams very well with their talents.

I think that Skidmore is a more complete back, and that may be because he's a 4 year starter. He has better size, 5'10 205lbs. Swartz is more agile and has more quick twitch. I think Powell shows it's no quit demeanor once again and ruins Bath county's first game on there new field.

This is a good game for both teams. Last season was a battle where both teams can say they left it all on the field. BC was down 21-0 in the 2nd quarter in Stanton and came back to win 32-27 on a Thursday night as the game was moved to avoid the remnants of Hurricane Harvey. Both went on to have good seasons.

 

I agree that Powell Co could run the table from here out especially in district play. I agree that time of possession and turnovers could likely be the key to the outcome. Skidmore is a beast but to say he is BY FAR better than Swartz....I will say they both serve their teams very well with their talents.

 

Everyone has their opinions and likes their own guys the best. I guess we will see how the season plays out.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.