Pikeville 2018

Ram

Pikeville had a fine off season with lots of enthusiasm, great turnout in the weight room. Pikeville has all the tools it needs with the talent, heart, coaching, and fantastic fan support. Imo, the Panthers just need to work their butts off in practice, and take it one game at a time, and keep their eyes on the goal (Kroger Field). Look for a great season for the Pikeville Panthers by taking it a step further.

• 2 weeks later...
Pikeville made a good run in the playoffs last year. Did Pikeville only have two seniors on their roster last year? That is what the KHSAA roster says but I know those rosters are often wrong.

Yes, only two seniors last year. I believe those two kids only went one way each, meaning that Pikeville will return starters at about 20 of 22 positions. Pikeville was pretty good by the end of 2017, especially considering that Wyatt Battaile opted not to play last season.

Yes, only two seniors last year. I believe those two kids only went one way each, meaning that Pikeville will return starters at about 20 of 22 positions. Pikeville was pretty good by the end of 2017, especially considering that Wyatt Battaile opted not to play last season.

That is correct. One Senior played offense, and the other played defense. Wyatt Battaile had a knee injury in football practice before the season got underway. He wanted to return, but his injury was just too bad to take that chance. Really good qb that was gifted at running the ball, or passing it. He was healed up by basketball season, and will enroll at Louisville this fall.