Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oldham County 68 Collins 61 (8th Region Quarterfinals)

Featured Replies

Collins had a dry spell in the 4th for about 4 possessions that proved to be the difference. This was a well played game by both teams,

Collins just didn’t have a good last 3 weeks of the season. Not sure why but great career for Fort and Feltner

Both games last night were very good games to watch. Very enjoyable basketball. Collins and Oldham County both have very good teams and very good coaching staffs. Both programs should be proud of what they have accomplished over the years. I think everyone knew this would be a battle, and it was. Collins definitely peaked earlier in the season and just couldn't seem to get back to the same level of play late in the season.

Both games last night were very good games to watch. Very enjoyable basketball. Collins and Oldham County both have very good teams and very good coaching staffs. Both programs should be proud of what they have accomplished over the years. I think everyone knew this would be a battle, and it was. Collins definitely peaked earlier in the season and just couldn't seem to get back to the same level of play late in the season.

There was nothing wrong with the game Collins played last night, really it might have been one of their better played games all year, IMO. They just ran onto a really well played game by Oldham County. As we all know one team has to lose.

There was nothing wrong with the game Collins played last night, really it might have been one of their better played games all year, IMO. They just ran onto a really well played game by Oldham County. As we all know one team has to lose.

 

I think you are taking my comment the wrong way. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Oldham County. They have an outstanding team and will represent the region well if they end up winning it. It doesn't mean Collins should have won the game if they were still playing the way they played in January. I was simply agreeing with tommy2tone's comments about how Collins has not played as well the last three weeks or so as they were in January.

 

That being said, Collins best basketball came in the month of January. They played well last night and they played hard, but it was not up to the level of how they were playing in January. I don't follow Oldham County as closely, but weren't they also playing better earlier in the year? Teams fluctuate in the level of play over the season. It's just a fact of life. For whatever reason, Collins didn't peak at the right time this year. That's not a knock against Oldham County. It has absolutely nothing to do with Oldham county. It's simply a comment about how Collins season unfolded.

I think you are taking my comment the wrong way. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Oldham County. They have an outstanding team and will represent the region well if they end up winning it. It doesn't mean Collins should have won the game if they were still playing the way they played in January. I was simply agreeing with tommy2tone's comments about how Collins has not played as well the last three weeks or so as they were in January.

 

That being said, Collins best basketball came in the month of January. They played well last night and they played hard, but it was not up to the level of how they were playing in January. I don't follow Oldham County as closely, but weren't they also playing better earlier in the year? Teams fluctuate in the level of play over the season. It's just a fact of life. For whatever reason, Collins didn't peak at the right time this year. That's not a knock against Oldham County. It has absolutely nothing to do with Oldham county. It's simply a comment about how Collins season unfolded.

No problem here, I don't have a dog in the fight, just a fan in general. I have saw both of these teams this season, saw their match up earlier at Collins. I fully understand the peaks and valleys and I still believe both these teams played at a high level last night. I question if either team left anything in the locker room.

Two top teams had to play each other early unfortunately. They have been the top two teams in my eyes all year long.

Two top teams had to play each other early unfortunately. They have been the top two teams in my eyes all year long.

 

If you lose in your District Finals you leave that open as a possibility.

No problem here, I don't have a dog in the fight, just a fan in general. I have saw both of these teams this season, saw their match up earlier at Collins. I fully understand the peaks and valleys and I still believe both these teams played at a high level last night. I question if either team left anything in the locker room.

 

I agree with you that both teams left everything on the court last night. They both played hard and it was a great game to watch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.