Doss at Corbin (2/10/18) - Controversy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying referees are biased(prejudiced) in favor of certain schools over others? That calls into question the integrity of KHSAA referees. From what I've seen most refs try to do a good and fair calling of games, regardless of he site of the game.

Have you ever seen a region 2 team try to play a Region 1 team in Region 1?

Doss has no responsibility to repair Corbin's image. Corbin could have already started making amends well before this game.

Just what is Corbin's image in your view???

I have view games there for forty plus years. I have seen black kids play hundreds of games there. No incidents. Good sportsmanship. Corbin invites black schools to play in their tournaments and from what I've observed they are treated extremely well and the fans love seeing those schools come and compete. I have seen ugly incidents at games elsewhere but not at Corbin. Corbin and Knox have never been friendly. It's nasty both ways between those schools. But other schools have been treated fine over the years.

I have view games there for forty plus years. I have seen black kids play hundreds of games there. No incidents. Good sportsmanship. Corbin invites black schools to play in their tournaments and from what I've observed they are treated extremely well and the fans love seeing those schools come and compete. I have seen ugly incidents at games elsewhere but not at Corbin. Corbin and Knox have never been friendly. It's nasty both ways between those schools. But other schools have been treated fine over the years.

Black schools? They still exist?

Have you ever seen a region 2 team try to play a Region 1 team in Region 1?

I've seen people in every region consistently bash the "crooked" refs. It's happened since the beginning of time. Again, that calls into question the integrity of KHSAA officials. Are you saying they lack the utmost integrity? don't you think most refs try to call a fair game?

Please stop.

Yeah. I think the term "black schools" went away in about 1965. Kind of like the remark that the kid made went away in about 1955.

You really think it went away in 1955? Fella, we live in a very racist society. Unfortunately, those kind of things are still said all the time in every town. Until we quit making it a point to tread lightly on the subject of racism instead of facing it head on, those remarks will still be around in 2055.

You really think it went away in 1955? Fella, we live in a very racist society. Unfortunately, those kind of things are still said all the time in every town. Until we quit making it a point to tread lightly on the subject of racism instead of facing it head on, those remarks will still be around in 2055.

When I say "went away" I mean, it being ok or acceptable to "say it" went away. Of course there are still bigots and racists. That's quite obvious.

Cancelling the game in symbolic protest of Corbin kids' alleged racial intolerance.

"alleged" I don't think there is any doubt...

To somehow find blame in the decision that Doss made is ridiculous. If anything, this is one example where a protest is well timed and VERY obvious in terms of what is being protested. Good for them to not accept the hatred from the kid.

To place their action on the moral equivalency of somebody protesting the national anthem is shameful. Doss saw a clear "wrong" and made a stand.