Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drew Rom in PBR Super 60 Pro Showcase

Featured Replies

I'm not claiming to be an expert but my son is a senior who recently committed and we've been through the whole process so I would recommend only doing showcases where an actual game(s) is played as those tend to draw more schools and attending camps where other schools may be there to assist. I know early on we did a UK camp and there were numerous coaches from smaller NAIA, D2, D3 helping out at the camp. Going to a showcase in the middle of winter to throw 15 pitches and leave or take 15 swings, throw 5 balls from SS and run a 60 doesn't draw as well as game play.

 

I totally agree. I will say the camps are good if they actually send you a personal letter and it’s a place that you would actually like to go to school. This is especially helpful early in the process for Frosh and Sophomores to get on their radar early. Otherwise it is pretty much a money grab..

  • Replies 31
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree. I will say the camps are good if they actually send you a personal letter and it’s a place that you would actually like to go to school. This is especially helpful early in the process for Frosh and Sophomores to get on their radar early. Otherwise it is pretty much a money grab..

 

Be careful of the "Personal Letters"....I had to show the so called "personal letter" we received to some parents of kids I coached and other players parents I knew. It can be very deceiving and every parent wants to believe their kid was personally invited to "try out" for the school. They were a little taken back when we showed them the exact same letters. These schools are not stupid, they know the parents want to be able to say "my son was invited". If that were truly the case my son was personally invited to Notre Dame, EKU, George Washington, U of AZ, Coastal Carolina...and so on and so on. Just be careful.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.