January 9, 20188 yr We went from cold to warm temps to begin the week. To end the week we are looking at the opposite. Temps look to fall around 30 degrees in about 24 to 36 hours. We also should see rain change to snow over that same period. This system is looking like it may be more potent than the one we saw this past weekend. Updates in the morning.
January 9, 20188 yr Author Just a quick update. The chances of several inches of snow are possible this upcoming weekend. The models are in agreement about the snow just the timing and where the most snow accumulations are in doubt. Update later today.
January 9, 20188 yr @nWo am I looking at that bottom map correctly? Looks like we'll go from rain, to freezing rain, to sleet, and finally to snow, all in a matter of 24 hours or so? (Looking at NKY, specifically.)
January 9, 20188 yr Author @nWo am I looking at that bottom map correctly? Looks like we'll go from rain, to freezing rain, to sleet, and finally to snow, all in a matter of 24 hours or so? (Looking at NKY, specifically.) That is correct if that holds.
January 9, 20188 yr Author Tuesday evening update. Just to show what I'm seeing. The models are coming into agreement about a system affecting Kentucky that could quite possibly give us several inches of snow. The timing is still a little off between the different models but as everyone will be able to see we may be in for an eventful weekend. Let me caution everyone this is not an official snow accumulation forecast. We are still a couple of days away and things could change in the coming days. First, the GFS model showing the accumulated snowfall through Saturday morning. Second the Canadian Model through Saturday afternoon This is at the very end of the NAM's outlook period but it is also showing some snow. This view is through Saturday morning. We will just have to wait and see if how all of this turns out. I'll post an update in the morning. Once again these are not an official call for snow accumulations.
January 9, 20188 yr Author Here are the same models for the possible ice accumulations. If my previous post and this one comes true we are in for a very significant winter weather event Friday into Saturday. GFS Ice [ATTACH=CONFIG]65176[/ATTACH] Canadian Ice [ATTACH=CONFIG]65177[/ATTACH] NAM Ice [ATTACH=CONFIG]65178[/ATTACH] I'm not ready to put out a winter weather threat mode as of yet but if this trend continues on all three models on Wednesday into Thursday I will be issuing a Winter Weather Threat mode by Thursday. Maybe sooner if the information warrants it.
January 9, 20188 yr Here are the same models for the possible ice accumulations. If my previous post and this one comes true we are in for a very significant winter weather event Friday into Saturday. GFS Ice [ATTACH=CONFIG]65176[/ATTACH] Canadian Ice [ATTACH=CONFIG]65177[/ATTACH] NAM Ice [ATTACH=CONFIG]65178[/ATTACH] I'm not ready to put out a winter weather threat mode as of yet but if this trend continues on all three models on Wednesday into Thursday I will be issuing a Winter Weather Threat mode by Thursday. Maybe sooner if the information warrants it. This one looks juicy. I told my buddy to just go ahead and bring a sleeping back to work. It's our weekend to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I think it's going to be a busy one.
January 10, 20188 yr Author I've issued a Winter Weather Threat Mode http://bluegrasspreps.com/bgp-break-room/winter-weather-threat-360652.html
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.