Cole Von Handorf / Fairmont State

I wanted to give an update for how CVH was doing at Fairmont State 11 games into his freshman year. Oh, and until 5 minutes ago, I had NO IDEA that Joe Mazzulla was their head coach. None. Man, I feel like he was a Mountaineer about 5 minutes ago. That is crazy to me.

Cole, in 11 games, has started 9 of them to begin his career. He is averaging 7.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.2 assists, shooting 33% from deep, 65% from the line, and 43% from the floor. I would expect all of those percentages to rise as he settles into the speed of play in college.

I'm really happy for Cole that he is able to be a major factor on this team right out of the gate, and I know he has a great career in front of him. Stay healthy and keep working -- I know you will!!

As much as he is missed around NKY hoops, I'm thrilled that he is off-and-running at Fairmont.

As much as he is missed around NKY hoops, I'm thrilled that he is off-and-running at Fairmont.

I talked to his dad late last Spring, and that was exactly what Cole's intent was in going to Fairmont - go to a program that he could immediately be a difference-maker at. Great to hear that it's working out for him as well as it has been.

• 5 weeks later...