Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath 47 South Oldham 7

Featured Replies

CovCath cruises.

 

The middle linebacker/full back for the Dragons (Gamge?) is one hard nosed football player. Really enjoyed watching him play.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath cruises.

 

The middle linebacker/full back for the Dragons (Gamge?) is one hard nosed football player. Really enjoyed watching him play.

 

#40? He was a stud on both sides of the ball, but that was about it for the Dragons. Next week, against the team from Ft. Thomas, it won't get any easier, as the team from Ft. Thomas will want to beat the Dragons by as many (if not more) than what CovCath did to them......

 

I really didn't understand why so many thought this would be a close game? South Oldham while they had a very good record, hadn't really played anyone that CovCath (or for that matter the team from Ft. Thomas) couldn't have beaten by a couple of more TD's than they did. CovCath still needs some more work on the "O" side of the ball, but the "D" looked great....

 

As I posted in an earlier thread, I hope Coach R allows Pop to give it a try from 59/60 yards out to break the Commonwealth FG distance record (he has earned at least a try from the Coach). To think this kid isn't getting any feelers from Colleges blows me away. Yes I realize the HS game and the College game is different, but to kick two 54 yard FG, and a 57 yard FG, plus a kick against Cin St. X into a 25mph wind in a driving rain storm from 42 yards out, that I thought CovCath was silly for even trying. I just wonder what the D1 coaches are looking for in kickers? Heck it isn't like these FG just sneak in they are right down the middle and even the one he missed against Beechwood I still say was good.

  • Author
#40? He was a stud on both sides of the ball, but that was about it for the Dragons.

 

Yep, #40. Joe Gamsky. I believe he kicking duty on kickoffs as well. Can't say enough about him.

Buckley returns from an injury and runs like Bo Jackson, Blaser throws for more than the Colonels rush for, Sutton catches two TD's and tackles people all over the field, and all you guys can talk about is a field goal attempt that has not happened so the kid can have a record and a linebacker from South Oldham.

Buckley returns from an injury and runs like Bo Jackson, Blaser throws for more than the Colonels rush for, Sutton catches two TD's and tackles people all over the field, and all you guys can talk about is a field goal attempt that has not happened so the kid can have a record and a linebacker from South Oldham.

 

No not twisted at all, but the "O" still needs to prove to me, that they can do the same thing against a good team. Pop has proved himself and should get at least a shot at the state record against a team that CovCath should totally dominate next week. Bleser and the rest of the "O" will get their shot for glory on the 27th. BTW, I did say that the "D" played great, and they have all season...:thumb:

Did Pete Sutton play defense today? If so, what position?

Is it possible Shane Popham holds the record for most 50+ FGs?

No not twisted at all, but the "O" still needs to prove to me, that they can do the same thing against a good team. Pop has proved himself and should get at least a shot at the state record against a team that CovCath should totally dominate next week. Bleser and the rest of the "O" will get their shot for glory on the 27th. BTW, I did say that the "D" played great, and they have all season...:thumb:

Your comment about the defense was a side note at best. 'D' looked great and a paragraph about this Popham dude. You go ON and ON about this state record attempt. Let it go man. It's about W's, not records. We know he's great. The horse is dead. Most head coaches don't put two seconds of their time worrying about proving anything to fans. The one's that do don't last very long. Do me this favor since you seem to be at a lot of the games. Try to catch their head coach on the way out and ask him how much he cares whether the kicker gets his "shot" at the state record. I'm dying to know how that conversation goes.

Your comment about the defense was a side note at best. 'D' looked great and a paragraph about this Popham dude. You go ON and ON about this state record attempt. Let it go man. It's about W's, not records. We know he's great. The horse is dead. Most head coaches don't put two seconds of their time worrying about proving anything to fans. The one's that do don't last very long. Do me this favor since you seem to be at a lot of the games. Try to catch their head coach on the way out and ask him how much he cares whether the kicker gets his "shot" at the state record. I'm dying to know how that conversation goes.

 

Easy, Chief. Not much to discuss in a blowout game. Obviously, the entire team played pretty well against an inferior opponent. However, I didn't see the game but I can sum it up for you:

 

Buckley played well.

Bleser had a big first half on 6 of 10 passing for 177 yards.

Defense played very well.

 

 

There.

  • Author
Buckley returns from an injury and runs like Bo Jackson, Blaser throws for more than the Colonels rush for, Sutton catches two TD's and tackles people all over the field, and all you guys can talk about is a field goal attempt that has not happened so the kid can have a record and a linebacker from South Oldham. Man you people are twisted.

 

 

When the score is 47 - 7, it is pretty obvious CovCath dominated both sides of the ball. I said they cruised to the win. It was an impressive performance with a running clock in the second half, what else do you want?

 

As for the Gamsky kid, he is a very solid high school football player and deserves the accolades, even in a losing effort.

Easy, Chief. Not much to discuss in a blowout game. Obviously, the entire team played pretty well against an inferior opponent. However, I didn't see the game but I can sum it up for you:

 

Buckley played well.

Bleser had a big first half on 6 of 10 passing for 177 yards.

Defense played very well.

 

 

There.

Now that's more like it. Talk about what happened in the game. I think you summed up my first post in this thread pretty well. Now, challenge one thing I said in my post that brought out the "Easy, Chief" comment.

Now that's more like it. Talk about what happened in the game. I think you summed up my first post in this thread pretty well. Now, challenge one thing I said in my post that brought out the "Easy, Chief" comment.
Let's keep the discussion on the game.
Your comment about the defense was a side note at best. 'D' looked great and a paragraph about this Popham dude. You go ON and ON about this state record attempt. Let it go man. It's about W's, not records. We know he's great. The horse is dead. Most head coaches don't put two seconds of their time worrying about proving anything to fans. The one's that do don't last very long. Do me this favor since you seem to be at a lot of the games. Try to catch their head coach on the way out and ask him how much he cares whether the kicker gets his "shot" at the state record. I'm dying to know how that conversation goes.

 

Popham dude? Did you know that Pop is also the starting 3rd baseman on the baseball team, and was voted by the NKy Coaches as the best 3rd baseman in the ninth region last year (the kid is a vacuum at third base)? Did you know that the Popham dude most probably would have been kicking Varsity on any other team in NKy except CovCath since he was a sophomore, but due to the fact that the two kickers in front of him were walk-ons to a Big Ten school and a SEC school he didn't get to kick until this season? My guess is once the game is in hand, (note, I agree the W is the most important thing) Coach R just might give Pop a chance at the record, and if I were a betting man (I am not), it most probably will be the most exciting moment of the Grant County game. His teammates, fellow students, and fans would love to see it also.... Oh BTW, the CovCath Crazies were screaming for Pop to try a FG instead of Josh punting it in I think the 3rd quarter of todays game but a 70 + yard FG is a bit much even for Pop.....Finally, Pop is a great kid and the entire family eats and sleeps CovCath sports and his older brother is one of the assistants coaches, so yes I think at least one of the CovCath coaches would love to see him break the record in the Grant County game, that should be in hand by the second quarter.

How about that shake-up with all those starters on the bench for CovCath?

 

How about that Brown kid playing when two weeks ago people thought he broke his ankle?

 

At least I'm trying Birdsfan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.