December 17, 20178 yr This is what I found. Perhaps your stats include those guys with 3-5 passes in a year and QBr's of 158? QBR for QB's with 200 completions 2017 15 2016 15 2015 2 2014 20 2013 12 2012 13 2011 13 No my stats doesn't include guys who barely played. Mine is coming right off espn. I'm very interested to see where you got your info from. Can you send me a link? I'll post the link to mine when I get home because it won't let me on my phone. Because there definitely is a big difference between the two. Yours shows him in top half basically his whole career. Mine I see shows him 20th or worst his whole career. Never mind I found the difference in our info. You are talking about qb rating, but you said qbr which is something completely different. Qbr is a new thing that came out back in 2006 that is not the same as the traditional qb rating. Qbr measures how effective a qb was in the game. Measures the true impact a qb had in a game, the clutch rating of a qb in a game, all that. A perfect example would be 3rd and 8. Dalton throws a completion for 5 yards but short of the first down. The traditional qb rating scores that favorably, because it was a completion it doesn't take into account that play wast that effective in helping the team. With the qbr Dalton wouldn't get that high of a score for that because it was a 5 yard pass when they needed 5. Qbr measures things as a whole. Which Dalton in his career has been in the bottom third basically his whole career. Only once did he even rank in the top half of qbs in the NFL in qbr in the type of impact he made in a game in helping his team and that was 2015. That is my point on him. He is not a qb who truly does things and makes plays to help his team win. Other qbs do more than he does. He has benefited most of his career by other things around him for why they made the playoffs. So if he gets credit for those years, then he deserves blames for these years too. They are on pace to set a Bengals record for worst offense in Bengals history.
December 17, 20178 yr NFL.com. Sort by QBR. Post 16. Your info is the old traditional qb rating. It is not the new qbr that came out in 2006. ESPN has the same rankings as you posted for the old traditional qb rating. The ones I posted is the new advanced qbr as I mentioned in post 16.
December 17, 20178 yr Dalton is the definition of AVERAGE NFL QB...nothing special but not terrible...the numbers don't lie... Pretty much. For a second round draft pick we could have done worse. Just never going to get us any further than he has in the past.
December 17, 20178 yr Post 16. Your info is the old traditional qb rating. It is not the new qbr that came out in 2006. ESPN has the same rankings as you posted for the old traditional qb rating. The ones I posted is the new advanced qbr as I mentioned in post 16. You said QBR, that's what I posted.
December 17, 20178 yr You said QBR, that's what I posted. When people talk about qbr they talk about the new qbr. When people talk about the traditional qb rating that the NFL always uses, they usually refer to that as the whole word qb rating not qbr. Qbr is not known as the ranking I posted not yours. Yours is the traditional old qb rating system.
December 17, 20178 yr I struggled to find this thread because I wasn't looking under "Pro Sports" I guess; then I saw Minnesota's name and found it. This is absolutely one of the most heartless teams I've ever watched, and I've seen all 50 seasons of Bungeldom. Please don't whine to me about the injuries, all NFL teams have them this time of year; and while they certainly don't help, the lack of desire is far more telling. New York has 18 players on IR and a stand-in coach & still managed to play with heart and darn near upset one of the best teams in the league? The coach the Bengals didn't want just schooled them with a career backup QB, and without a turnover by Teddy who's been out for about two years; shuts out the Who-Deys again. Please Marvin, go ahead and quit & let the fans watch a couple of games without your signature game management (er: mis-management) and total lack of effort. I'd sit the vast majority of the so-called starters, and let some back-ups that aren't already playing, some time to show what they've got?
December 17, 20178 yr And BTW--Who cares about Dalton's QB rating? He's common and will never win a big game with this staff in place; and probably would be the first to tell you he needs a change of scenery, but he seems to nice to ask, unlike Carson.
December 18, 20178 yr I struggled to find this thread because I wasn't looking under "Pro Sports" I guess; then I saw Minnesota's name and found it. This is absolutely one of the most heartless teams I've ever watched, and I've seen all 50 seasons of Bungeldom. Please don't whine to me about the injuries, all NFL teams have them this time of year; and while they certainly don't help, the lack of desire is far more telling. New York has 18 players on IR and a stand-in coach & still managed to play with heart and darn near upset one of the best teams in the league? The coach the Bengals didn't want just schooled them with a career backup QB, and without a turnover by Teddy who's been out for about two years; shuts out the Who-Deys again. Please Marvin, go ahead and quit & let the fans watch a couple of games without your signature game management (er: mis-management) and total lack of effort. I'd sit the vast majority of the so-called starters, and let some back-ups that aren't already playing, some time to show what they've got? A few things who said the Bengals didn't want Zimmer. It's because of the Bengals that Zimmer is where he is at. As for the team. What did you expect to see? The Bengals offense looked horrible like this all year. Does it mean the offense hasn't given effort all year? So can't say what the offense has done is a surprise because it's been this bad all year on offense. Defensively I don't know how you can say the defense didn't give effort. Defense played hard all game this week imo. Vikings starting offense was simply better than the Bengals back up defense.
December 18, 20178 yr A few things who said the Bengals didn't want Zimmer. It's because of the Bengals that Zimmer is where he is at. As for the team. What did you expect to see? The Bengals offense looked horrible like this all year. Does it mean the offense hasn't given effort all year? So can't say what the offense has done is a surprise because it's been this bad all year on offense. Defensively I don't know how you can say the defense didn't give effort. Defense played hard all game this week imo. Vikings starting offense was simply better than the Bengals back up defense. Obviously we watched a different game, and one thing I'd expect from any offense down 24-0 at the half is NOT to say "We just need to establish the run" which what they reported Marv said coming out for the 2nd half. I'm sure Mike Brown loves fans like you, and is sitting back counting his millions from those who keep drinking his kool-aid. My glass is empty.
December 18, 20178 yr Oh and on Zimmer, they must not have wanted him as they had ample opportunity to hire him when Marvin faltered, but he couldn't wait forever; and thank goodness for his sake! Sometimes you don't get what you want and it turns out for the best?
December 18, 20178 yr Obviously we watched a different game, and one thing I'd expect from any offense down 24-0 at the half is NOT to say "We just need to establish the run" which what they reported Marv said coming out for the 2nd half. I'm sure Mike Brown loves fans like you, and is sitting back counting his millions from those who keep drinking his kool-aid. My glass is empty. Dude what the heck are you even talking about? So your only response is im drinking the kool aid? Seriously? What are you talking about. You act like since I said effort wasn't the problem that I was supporting Lewis really? It's very simple I have no idea how you can say effort was the problem. This offense has been this bad all year from week 1 until now. So it's not effort it's just bad offense plain and simple. Defensively they played hard but simply aren't good with everyone out and your offense having 7 three and outs giving the other team the ball back. The only that I disagree on was effort and you said I'm drinking the kool aid? If I was drinking the kool aid I wouslnt be one of the biggest Dalton bashers on here. If i was drinking the kool aid I wouldn't be saying Marvin better be gone and they better get a new coach from the outside. But sure if all you got is your drinking kool aid, more power to you man.
December 18, 20178 yr Oh and on Zimmer, they must not have wanted him as they had ample opportunity to hire him when Marvin faltered, but he couldn't wait forever; and thank goodness for his sake! Sometimes you don't get what you want and it turns out for the best? He couldn't wait forever? He wasn't waiting for the Bengals job. The dude wasn't even getting much interest from other teams or even interviews. You act like Zimmer had chances to leave but was staying and waiting for the Bengals job. You saying the Bengals didn't want Zimmer is simply false. But as much as would have wanted them to get rid of Marvin after 2013. They weren't going to fire him after 3 straight playoffs and winning the division that year.
December 18, 20178 yr Dude what the heck are you even talking about? So your only response is im drinking the kool aid? Seriously? What are you talking about. You act like since I said effort wasn't the problem that I was supporting Lewis really? It's very simple I have no idea how you can say effort was the problem. This offense has been this bad all year from week 1 until now. So it's not effort it's just bad offense plain and simple. Defensively they played hard but simply aren't good with everyone out and your offense having 7 three and outs giving the other team the ball back. The only that I disagree on was effort and you said I'm drinking the kool aid? If I was drinking the kool aid I wouslnt be one of the biggest Dalton bashers on here. If i was drinking the kool aid I wouldn't be saying Marvin better be gone and they better get a new coach from the outside. But sure if all you got is your drinking kool aid, more power to you man. You must be spiking that kool-aid if you get that upset over my comments?? I just don't see how anyone can watch a Marvin Lewis coached Bengals' team this year and think they are going all out. Also really sick of hearing how hurt they are--Again tell me how hurt the Giants were today & were competitive with a very good team. Even AJ Green has caught the "Whogivesadarn-itis". They're "hurt" because they are too cheap to keep competent back-ups, too stupid to keep their starting OL's, too incompetent to draft well the last few years, etc.
December 18, 20178 yr You must be spiking that kool-aid if you get that upset over my comments?? I just don't see how anyone can watch a Marvin Lewis coached Bengals' team this year and think they are going all out. Also really sick of hearing how hurt they are--Again tell me how hurt the Giants were today & were competitive with a very good team. They're "hurt" because they are too cheap to keep competent back-ups, too stupid to keep their starting OL's, too incompetent to draft well the last few years, etc. Dude it's very simple. The only reason they even been in games and won games was the defense. The offense has been horrible all year long. So yes when you take your two starting corners out, your whole linebacker core out. Your going to struggle when your horrible offense keeps putting your backup defense on the field. As for the draft the last 2 seasons. William Jackson is going to be a good one, Vigil is a good backer, Billings has shown promise, Tyler Boyd had a good rookie year, but he like everyone on offense has looked bad this year. John Ross could be good we have no idea, Mixon is going to be good, Jordan Willis is a solid player, Carl Lawson leads all rookies in sacks and pressures. So no the drafts haven't been to bad. The Bengals still made the right decision on Whitworth to imo. While he would have helped some, this team wasn't going to be a playoff team with him. Let's not forget this line was horrible last year with him and Zeitler. So we would have spent a lot of money to maybe win 6 or 7 games instead of 5. Not worth it imo. The Bengals basically tried to rebuild while also trying to compete by hoping their young tackles they drafted worked out and it didn't. The draft 3 years ago was a miss. However they are now set up imo if they go out and get a new coach and now this year focus on the line. To be able to truly compete at a high level because they did rebuild some in other years.
December 18, 20178 yr Where does Teddy end up next year? Good question. My guess is it depends on how the season ends. Whether they win or get to the Super Bowl.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.