Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Laptop Suggestions

Featured Replies

Unfortunately looks like I'm in the market for a new laptop. My current one keeps shutting down and restarting on its own and only recognizes wireless networks part of the time. I've already done a factory restore and backed up all my files with no luck. A buddy said it's likely an overheating issue, but that it wouldn't hurt to start looking for a new one.

 

I need a laptop that has the capabilities for me to use while DJ'ing. The HP I've been using for a couple years worked great, up until recently.

 

What should I be looking at for optimal performance (speed and stability)?

I've really got no idea what would be best for DJ-ing...but the last time I bought a laptop, I got a refurbished Dell business machine on the recommendation of a friend of mine in the IT world. The business machine line is usually a bit larger, both in screen size and keyboard size. They also tend to have a sturdier metal case for the sake of protecting it when you are carrying it from place to place in a bag. They also oftentimes offer longer battery life in business machines. Mine is currently 5 years old, and still problem free. Also bought my wife a refurbed Dell business machine about a year and a half ago when she needed to replace her old laptop...she hasn't had any complaints about it yet.

 

https://www.dellrefurbished.com/

Unfortunately looks like I'm in the market for a new laptop. My current one keeps shutting down and restarting on its own and only recognizes wireless networks part of the time. I've already done a factory restore and backed up all my files with no luck. A buddy said it's likely an overheating issue, but that it wouldn't hurt to start looking for a new one.

 

I need a laptop that has the capabilities for me to use while DJ'ing. The HP I've been using for a couple years worked great, up until recently.

 

What should I be looking at for optimal performance (speed and stability)?

 

I've never done DJing, but I do a lot of video editing. A current generation i5 should be plenty. Get a lot of ram, 16 gig, if possible. Since you are utilizing music files, an SSD drive would be handy, too.

  • Author
I've never done DJing, but I do a lot of video editing. A current generation i5 should be plenty. Get a lot of ram, 16 gig, if possible. Since you are utilizing music files, an SSD drive would be handy, too.

 

I did some reading on DJ forums, and most laptops can handle the DJ software.

 

I bought an HP. i5 processor, 8 GB ram. All my music is on an external hard drive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.