Pittsburgh 24 Miami (FL) 14

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know all the statistics and methods used but I googled three different Big 10 power rankings and all three presently have Wisconsin ranked number 1 and Ohio State ranked 2nd.

Plus, Iowa whooped up all over the Buckeyes but they got hammered by the Badgers. I know it’s not always a good thing to compare opponents but just saying.

Rankings? What logical ranking would have a 2 loss team over an undefeated team? Rankings aren't about who is better.

People talking about 1 or 2 loss teams getting in the Playoffs. I can see that. But those losses had better be by a touchdown or less. Certainly not by 31 points by a .500 team. A loss such as that imho takes all considerations off the board for a Final Four spot.
:idunno:

There is nothing I can say to excuse that loss. Just ridiculous on all levels. If you want to keep OSU out of the playoffs because of it I don't think I have a rebuttal.

:idunno:

There is nothing I can say to excuse that loss. Just ridiculous on all levels. If you want to keep OSU out of the playoffs because of it I don't think I have a rebuttal.

I’m not a Ohio State hater. Anytime the Buckeyes are in the championship mix it makes for great discussion and a better season for all fans. Plus I’ve got a whole mess of kinfolk who have migrated to Ohio since the ‘50’s and their kids and grandkids are Buckeye fans. I’ve got two nephews that are huge fans.

But I’m only saying I don’t think a team should get in just because of their name. It’s got to be earned. Notre Dame got in a few years ago because, in my opinion, they were a big name with big traditions.

However, I will admit that I was opposed to Ohio State getting in the playoffs the year they won it. I didn’t feel they were one of the best top 4. So obviously I was wrong about them that year.

I’m not a Ohio State hater. Anytime the Buckeyes are in the championship mix it makes for great discussion and a better season for all fans. Plus I’ve got a whole mess of kinfolk who have migrated to Ohio since the ‘50’s and their kids and grandkids are Buckeye fans. I’ve got two nephews that are huge fans.

But I’m only saying I don’t think a team should get in just because of their name. It’s got to be earned. Notre Dame got in a few years ago because, in my opinion, they were a big name with big traditions.

However, I will admit that I was opposed to Ohio State getting in the playoffs the year they won it. I didn’t feel they were one of the best top 4. So obviously I was wrong about them that year.

I didn't necessarily think you were a hater. I really don't have an excuse for that Iowa loss. I really don't. I've even said that if OSU makes the playoffs they won't deserve it, they will just make it in by default. With that said, the talent this team possesses is undeniable, and based on what we've seen so far in this college football season there is not a great team anywhere in the country. The top 4 teams in the country have huge questions. Bama has loads of injuries, they struggle getting a pass rush, some don't think their o line is that great. Clemson has shaky QB play and a shaky run game. Oklahoma doesn't play any defense. Wisconsin doesn't play any good teams and has a QB who turns the ball over way too much. There are more questions than answers for virtually every team in the country. In most seasons a 2 loss team with one of those losses being by 31 points wouldn't be near the discussion. But this isn't a normal year.