Open Job: Butler County

Auburn

Coach Ryan Emmick announced his resignation as the Bears head man after 8 years tonight at the conclusion of their banquet per @ButlerCosports on Twitter. They fell on hard times this year going 0-10, but he did an amazing job there & one that will be very hard to duplicate, let alone top. In his time there he finished with a 47-43 overall record. His only losing seasons were his first year (2010 2-9) and this year 0-10.

In between those years he was able to win 3 playoff games in a 8-4 2016, 9-3 2015 and another 8-4 in 2011. The Bears 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons finished either 7-4 (2014 & 2013) or 6-5 (2012).

These will be some tough shoes to fill. Good luck to Coach Emmick in his future endeavors & the Bears moving forward.

Is this the first domino to fall in the open jobs category? I haven't seen any other HC jobs open yet. Should with start the traditional Open Jobs/Filled Jobs Thread

I believe that thread is started at years end, but no this isn't the first. This makes the 4th job open so far.

Paul Laurence Dunbar

Calloway County

West Carter

Now Butler County added to the list.

I hope they get their field situation straightened out. Its a shame their kids had to have homecoming and senior night moved due to such poor field conditions. That will make the job less appealing to incoming coaches.

As if they need another uphill climb that isn't Owensboro Catholic, Mayfield and Murray who are already in their district and region weren't enough.

His success there over that amount of time is going to be really hard to match.

Thanks for the update. I did scroll through a little further and saw the West Carter and Dunbar opening. Looking forward to seeing the Open Jobs thread at end of year. Like to see what coaches are being hired to help a program out and who is leaving to head to their "ideal" job etc. Always hate to see a program lose a coach, but understand that how things go

The field is going to be fixed at Butler County. Currently the school system is looking to do a major renovation to the playing field and track. I know the Board wants to turf the field and re-do the track as well as build tennis courts. This would fix the field situation, bring soccer on campus, and expand the amount of facilities they have to use year round. At worst the field will be completely redone with a bermuda surface but like I said, the BOE wants turf. Coach Emmick made sure this was in the works before announcing his resignation. He also just repaired several items in the weight room to ensure it was ready to go for the offseason.

The program is in great shape for the future with a solid middle school program and good numbers in the youth program. The next coach will have a solid foundation to keep building the program.

The field is going to be fixed at Butler County. Currently the school system is looking to do a major renovation to the playing field and track. I know the Board wants to turf the field and re-do the track as well as build tennis courts. This would fix the field situation, bring soccer on campus, and expand the amount of facilities they have to use year round. At worst the field will be completely redone with a bermuda surface but like I said, the BOE wants turf. Coach Emmick made sure this was in the works before announcing his resignation. He also just repaired several items in the weight room to ensure it was ready to go for the offseason.

The program is in great shape for the future with a solid middle school program and good numbers in the youth program. The next coach will have a solid foundation to keep building the program.

All of that is very good to hear. :thumb:

I'm hearing the opposite when it comes to support. Very little support from the administration.

There were a ton of injuries for the bears and a few kids left. One received a baseball scholarship offer. Coach Emmick sat down with him and they agreed the move was the best for the young man. He had battled knee issues all season after having surgery in July. Two players parted ways due to school discipline issues. I will say that Coach Emmick always put his players first no matter what. It wasn't an ego thing for this coaching staff. They truly cared about their players and want the best for them even if it made their jobs a little harder.