#7 Frederick Douglass vs. #2 Scott County (6A Quarterfinals)

16thBBall Fan

Who wins?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Frederick Douglass
    • Scott County

You are 100 percent right! Scott will take FD to wood shed tomorrow and deservedly so. FD can go celebrate a championship that doesn’t exist LoL.

They should celebrate. 10-2 in their first season? Two wins over Tates Creek. That's unheard of.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't have anything to do with an ineligible player. It's because Fayette County has a stupid system where they suspend and then investigate. It probably should be the other way around.

At least he didn't chase any refs off the field while screaming obscenities, right? Because that would be embarrassing.

He is classless and everyone says so except those who protect him. Scott Co. will win. #Lets Ride.

He is classless and everyone says so except those who protect him. Scott Co. will win. #Lets Ride.

Scott County should win. They are the better team.

He could be the biggest jerk in all of football. I have no idea. I wouldn't know him if he walked in my house right now. That being said, he was suspended for something stupid.

They should celebrate. 10-2 in their first season? Two wins over Tates Creek. That's unheard of.

If the means justify the ends you got it. Their players are from all over the city they were a very experienced team coached well before they got to FD. Scott co will be there true test. Lex schools were down this year. Creek was okay.

If the means justify the ends you got it. Their players are from all over the city they were a very experienced team coached well before they got there. Scott co will be there true test. Lex schools were down this year. Creek was okay.

Tates Creek was good, no question about it. If they had even a hint of discipline, they would have upset Danville.

Tates Creek was good, no question about it. If they had even a hint of discipline, they would have upset Danville.

Everyone knew FD was gonna have good team they were able to get kids from all over the city. It’s no surprise. They have talent that is what wins so the kids get the credit for that. Respect the kids not some of there coaches. Landis walked into a gold mine. Scott by 14. FD ends with 0 (no District or region) championships with a talented group of players.

Edited by TeddyRoosevelt

Everyone knew FD was gonna have good team they were able to get kids from all over the city. It’s no surprise. They have talent that is what wins so the kids get the credit for that. Respect the kids not some of there coaches. Landis walked into a gold mine. Scott by 14. FD ends with 0 championships with a talented group of players.

:lol2: this sentence is hilarious

All of 6A if ending with no championships because they are in a division with Trinity.

:lol2: this sentence is hilarious

All of 6A if ending with no championships because they are in a division with Trinity.

There are District, regional and semi final championships teams can win. That’s what I meant. FD did not win District and won’t win the regional championship but tout a championship that does not exist city champions, that is what is hilarious. As talented a group as FD has they should have won District and we will see about region tomorrow. FD has more talent than Scott Co. but McKee is a better coach that is why they will be District and regional champions.

McKee coaches at the largest school in the state. Look up the numbers of enrollment. You want to keep talking about talent, he has more to choose from than anyone. If Fredrick Douglas didn’t exist, no one in Lexington would have beaten Scott Co, St X, or Trinity anyway. Not sure what you’re whining about, but as Wireman stated, Landis was suspended so they could investigate, which he was totally clear of any wrongdoing. Do your homework before you open your mouth and state things that aren’t true

People that believe Fayette County's system of suspending before investigating obviously don't work in a school system. This is standard protocol for any employee. Anyone that is accused of anything is suspended (with pay) until the investigation is complete.

The system is not stupid. It is precautionary. Imagine if someone is accused of something egregious and the person is not suspended. Would you want your child in a classroom with them or playing for them until they are found to be guilty?

I don't know anything about this situation, but it sounds like FCPS moved fairly swiftly and time lost was minimal and the coach was able to return to the sidelines. I've seen investigations take months sometimes.

Edited by Straitshooter
adding more information

People that believe Fayette County's system of suspending before investigating obviously don't work in a school system. This is standard protocol for any employee. Anyone that is accused of anything is suspended (with pay) until the investigation is complete.

The system is not stupid. It is precautionary. Imagine if someone is accused of something egregious and the person is not suspended. Would you want your child in a classroom with them or playing for them until they are found to be guilty?

I don't know anything about this situation, but it sounds like FCPS moved fairly swiftly and time lost was minimal and the coach was able to return to the sidelines. I've seen investigations take months sometimes.

It's a system where any coach can make up any accusation and have another coach suspended. There are some accusations that need prompt attention and call for an immediate suspension. Then there are dumb accusations that shouldn't take two weeks of suspension to investigate.

There are District, regional and semi final championships teams can win. That’s what I meant. FD did not win District and won’t win the regional championship but tout a championship that does not exist city champions, that is what is hilarious. As talented a group as FD has they should have won District and we will see about region tomorrow. FD has more talent than Scott Co. but McKee is a better coach that is why they will be District and regional champions.

Just a clarification question, in what way does FD have more talent than Scott County ??

SC has better backs, is way better up front and in the secondary, and the two quarterbacks are pretty even with Davis being a much better thrower. Receiver Covington as good as any WR in state.

As far as Coach Landis goes, anybody bashing his morals in coaching is completely wrong. The guy has done a great job of developing young men for a very long time at Georgetown College before Eastern and UK. If you have ever met him in person or seen him coach you know he is a first class guy who coaches with extreme intensity every game. With that being said, SC’s varsity offense scored on every single one of their 8 possessions before putting the JV in in the last matchup, if the Broncos have a chance to stay in it that have to make major changes on defense to slow down SC. They also only scored one touchdown on SC’s varsity defense, the other 14 points came from a KOR and a score against SC’s 2nd team defense.

If Scott County plays anywhere close to as good as they have been playing since the Ohio losses, I doubt they have any trouble getting out of this one.

Edited by Quiet_Storm11
SC not Douglass

McKee coaches at the largest school in the state. Look up the numbers of enrollment. You want to keep talking about talent, he has more to choose from than anyone. If Fredrick Douglas didn’t exist, no one in Lexington would have beaten Scott Co, St X, or Trinity anyway. Not sure what you’re whining about, but as Wireman stated, Landis was suspended so they could investigate, which he was totally clear of any wrongdoing. Do your homework before you open your mouth and state things that aren’t true

Investigated for what? I did my homework. He was suspended right?