Corbin 26 Boyle County 9 (8th Grade D2 Championship)

DevilMayCare

Great performance by the Redhounds. Based on the scores I've seen, Boyle hadn't really been challenged at all this season. The Longmire kid for Corbin looks like a special player.

Also, Boyle's kicker has an absolute cannon for a leg. He drilled a long field goal that most high school coaches wouldn't even let their kicker attempt. I think they said it was 51 yards.

This comment is not to take anything away from Corbin. Boyle Middle was playing their 3rd game Sunday in less than four days. They won their conference championship on Thursday night, played at 10:00am on Saturday against a tough opponent and had to face Corbin at 11:00am on Sunday. I don't care how young you are, this is just too much football to play at your best in a tough game. Both teams certainly have a lot to look forward to in the future.

This comment is not to take anything away from Corbin. Boyle Middle was playing their 3rd game Sunday in less than four days. They won their conference championship on Thursday night, played at 10:00am on Saturday against a tough opponent and had to face Corbin at 11:00am on Sunday. I don't care how young you are, this is just too much football to play at your best in a tough game. Both teams certainly have a lot to look forward to in the future.

Boyle tried to get the conference game date moved, conference refused. Dont understand why conferences set their dates like that.