Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs Ashland

Featured Replies

13 days to the game that both side has been waiting for all year. Ashland still has Lawrence this coming week but JC is open, which means we are open to talk about our next game. First Ashland should have no problem with a rebuilding Lawrence team and I expect several JC people in the stands to be there to observe that.

 

Now for the Game: JC first true test. I think the Thomas kid for Ashland will have a good game, but not good enough to win.

 

JC 28

Ash 12

 

:cool:

I'll wait untill next week before I post any thoughts on this game. It's still to far away for me.

I'll wait untill next week before I post any thoughts on this game. It's still to far away for me.

 

 

:thumb: :thumb: I think all Ashland fans should wait until next week. We still have a game this week to talk about.

Each team holds the other to its lowest point total of the season, as they did last season:

 

34 Johnson Central

15 Ashland

Ashland 55

Central 2

 

Ashland's strength of schedule really pays off in this one. Its 55-0 at halftime, and the Tomcats play their freshman team the entire second half. Johnson Central's offense, which has averaged 48 points per game, gets shut out and Grim has -25 yards rushing. The starting defense, which is giving up only 2.8 points per game, is humiliated and toyed with all night. In a show of class, Ashland's freshman QB is directed to run 95 yards back to his own endzone for a safety, just as time expires.

:laugh:

Ashland 55

Central 2

 

Ashland's strength of schedule really pays off in this one. Its 55-0 at halftime, and the Tomcats play their freshman team the entire second half. Johnson Central's offense, which has averaged 48 points per game, gets shut out and Grim has -25 yards rushing. The starting defense, which is giving up only 2.8 points per game, is humiliated and toyed with all night. In a show of class, Ashland's freshman QB is directed to run 95 yards back to his own endzone for a safety, just as time expires.

 

 

 

:laugh: I know that you have to be talking about the #1 Elementary School in Kentucky the Central Elementary Eagles because I know that you are not talking about the Johnson Centarl Golden Eagles. Just like the Greenup County fan was told you have your numbers on the wrong side of the card

:laugh:

 

 

 

:laugh: I know that you have to be talking about the #1 Elementary School in Kentucky the Central Elementary Eagles because I know that you are not talking about the Johnson Centarl Golden Eagles. Just like the Greenup County fan was told you have your numbers on the wrong side of the card

 

No, but Central Elementary would give Portsmouth West a good game. Speaking of Central Elementary, they lost like 18 straight football games until 4 or 5 years ago, when Ethan Ward, Neamiah Doderer, Trey Belhasen, and others lost the county championship to W.R. Castle in OT, and even though they've turned football around, Ashland would have to be favored by 14 points or so.

 

Some notables from that year (I think I have the schools right):

 

W.R. Castle: Dennis Dillon, Nathan Dillon, Ian Welch, Kyle Sublett (transferred to Paintsville...ouch);

 

Flat Gap: Shawn Grim, John Holbrook, (the rest lost their eligibility when they turned 19 as freshmen...just a joke...);

 

Highlands: Chase Richardson, J.K. Ratliff, Tyler Deaton, (transferred to Paintsville...sad, but true), Brian Childers;

 

Central Elementary: Blake Castle, Trey Belhasen, Ethan Ward, Neamiah Doderer (hated losing this kid to Paintsville...oh well, he'll eventually put up big numbers down there in Class A);

 

Porter: Wes Preston, Joe Meade (no idea where he's at...Lawrence County, then Paintsville, then Pike Central?).

 

Just some I remember, and completely off the subject.

Its 55-0 at halftime, and the Tomcats play their freshman team the entire second half.

 

I doubt Ashland's freshman team will be making the trip down to johnson county. But other than that your post sounds dead on. :sleep:

I look for this game to be a bit more of a slower paced game. Every play being crucial. Ashland will not be a push over team for JC. Maybe the first test JC will have in the district. Pray for a dry field and if watering it is needed then we will see about that too lol. The best advice this far into the season is many prayers.

What is the estimated crowd at JC for this game?

Lets save this thread a week.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.